Headlight problem

desross

I have no dip headlight on drivers side. high beam works fine

I have 14v when engine is running at the plug ( dip connections )

I have swapped bulbs from other side which is working ( still no go )

put drivers side bulbs in other side and it works fine.

I have cleaned connections.

If i have 14v there i should have light or am i losing it

I have started to pull my head out, has anyone got any good ideas?

Edited by desross

Could be the headlight switch causing issues. Could also be the ground wire. Are you located in Canada and have the daytime running lights? If so, it's probably the ground from that light, to the DRL. Splice the ground to a generic spot on the body, and it should be fine.

Could be the headlight switch causing issues. Could also be the ground wire. Are you located in Canada and have the daytime running lights? If so, it's probably the ground from that light, to the DRL. Splice the ground to a generic spot on the body, and it should be fine.

have placed a ground from negative on battery to the current earth and didn't make any different. ????

My guess is the contacts in the switch need cleaned. Search around for a thread on it.

If the switch was faulty would that mean the passenger's side would not go as well ( but it does ) or are they all on separate contacts

They're separate. That's why the switch is the first place to look when one doesn't work.

Well you are right i bent the copper levers in the switch and away it went. What i don't understand is that i allready had power there.

Well thanks for help, i shall raise my glass to you next time i out at night : des