Instrument cluster lights

projekz

I'm looking for a way to make my instrument cluster brighter. As anyone taken it apart to replace the bulbs? Would different bulb make it brighter? Would it be possible to change the colour of those bulbs (Blue)? Please don't tell me about the dimmer switch- it's already maxed out. Thanks

yes you can buy a brighter bulb. i think a 168 is the brightest you can go. but they do not make 168 colored bulbs. the other choice is a 194. I run a 194R which is a red bulb, i like the plane cockpit look

:worthless:

Leman would you mind posting a pic of your cockpit?

Projekz, I've been wanting to do the same for a while. I'm wanting blue also since my headunit and radar detector have blue lights. Are you planning on replacing everything? Speedo. A/C controls, and shifter?

I bought a new clear cluster plastic thingy that is clear blue. Looks freakin sweet I bought it off of 02silverpathy. I never changed the bulbs and at night it is almost too brite. you can see all the internals on the in it too and behind the clear blue it is white so it looks sweet at night. I posted some pics somewhere on here try a search. I have no camera out here on teh rig so I cant snap any pics.