Fuel Efficiency on 3.5

As has been posted before, the only true way to calculate gas mileage is to record kms/miles driven and fuel put into the tank, then do the calculation.

Over the time I have had the my 02 (almost 80,000 kms) I have been averaging around 24-26 mpg on the highway (not correcting the odo reading for the larger tires).

It really depends on how you drive, it can get decent mileage for what it is.

I usually get 400 kilometers (250 miles) per tank.

That's exactly what I get, sometimes a bit higher when I travel to Connecticut on the highway the entire time. Next time you fill, divide total miles (km's) traveled on that tank by how many gallons (liters) it takes to refill it (read: Trainman :D )

Edited by navygz19

I usually get 400 kilometers (250 miles) per tank.

That's exactly what I get, sometimes a bit higher when I travel to Connecticut on the highway the entire time. Next time you fill, divide total miles (km's) traveled on that tank by how many gallons (liters) it takes to refill it (read: Trainman :D )

As has been discussed in depth a few times, the gas gauge on Pathfinders can be rather deceiving. Based on what my gauge shows me, I would be around the same as well, maybe a bit more. But the fuel put in really tells the tale. My gauge will say I have only 1/4 tank left (ie 60l consumed) but all I can get in will be a little less than 50l. At the 1/2 tank (40l) all I get in is just over 30l. Based on actual consumption, I can get an easy 600 km per tank.

At least you can go far with the low gas light although i've only done it a couple times.

Our 3.3L gets around 550kms before the light comes on, its a 2000 5 speed, so that might have something to do with it. I figure if im good on her i can get about 700 km's to a tank, 75 of those clicks being after the light comes on.

I like crossing the border to the usa and filling the tank for 42 bucks :jig:

Our 3.3L gets around 550kms before the light comes on, its a 2000 5 speed, so that might have something to do with it. I figure if im good on her i can get about 700 km's to a tank, 75 of those clicks being after the light comes on.

Based on what I have calculated and the size of the tank, I figure I could go to about 700 km as well before it runs dry. But I am not going to try it :tongue: