People with 2" A/C lift

SantaCruz163

I received my lift today and was wondering who bought camber adjustment bolts to install with the lift or who left the stock ones in?

I'm planning on installing everything this weekend and chances are I will not have chamber bolts by then so I was wondering if it is a big deal to run with or without them.

I've never needed camber bolts on my rig, but I've installed AC 2" lifts on 3 other rigs and all of them needed camber bolts. You can run without them for a little while, but if your camber is out of spec, you'll wear out the outer edges of the front tires quickly.

I used only a pair of camber bolts on my lift. Some people have said they've needed a pair on each side. One thing however is you should get it realigned about a month or sooner after putting the lift on and the initial alignment.

My springs must have settled quite a bit and my camber was terrible. I had some major cupping on the insides of my front tires and had it realigned and the tires rotated.

Guys to add to the lift....I just installed mine....w/new strut bearings. All seems well, it does seem substanially tougher to turn. I am wondering, is there a "too tight" possiblity on the strut mount nut? If I loosen it all turns easier, but then you can see (when shaking the truck like an angry elephant) the strut mount bobbing up and down...this can't be right wither. I do not remember having this issue on my '98. My fear is what happened to FUELER, my girl only has 47K on her now and does not need any addition hole in the engine bay area! :FartExplode-vi:

Guys to add to the lift....I just installed mine....w/new strut bearings. All seems well, it does seem substanially tougher to turn. I am wondering, is there a "too tight" possiblity on the strut mount nut? If I loosen it all turns easier, but then you can see (when shaking the truck like an angry elephant) the strut mount bobbing up and down...this can't be right wither. I do not remember having this issue on my '98. My fear is what happened to FUELER, my girl only has 47K on her now and does not need any addition hole in the engine bay area! :FartExplode-vi:

I wouldn't even think of loosening those nuts. They have a MFG tourque spec. for a reason (can't remember it off the top of my head...should be in FSM or Haynes somewhere) How long have you had the lift on?

Doesn't settling of the springs usually take the better part of a week or so? Even longer? Those new bearings will ease up with time I think. What kind did you get? Did you go for OEM Nissan or the KYB's? I got the KYB's when I did my OME lift (about 4 months ago) and after 2 decent wheeling trips they're creaking horribly. They're crap and should be free!

The KYB mounts are junk. I installed them a year ago with my new struts and they're totally toast. OEM is the only way to go.

I've had the lift installed for just over 4 years, and over 85,000 miles, and my struts still top out occasionally.