New R50 owner.

skrillz

Hi,

just got a '98 Datsun R50 SE. my brother is "skrillaguerilla" on the board. picking it up Monday night. can't wait to go muddin' and break something... i bought it as a winter truck so i can store my sports car.

Original owner, full service history. basic SE but clean. I need to do the timing belt/WP service right away, it's got 209,000! My first car was a Black '90 Samurai, lots of fun so we'll see how this compares, Comfort vs Performance. Can't wait til the snow flies!

I did a bit of research on lifting it and tire selections, i read that you can fit a 31x10.5 on stock sus, stock wheels with no rubbing right? OME lifts seem to be the most effective, i'm not a crazy off-roader as this is my second car but i love 4x4ing so some inexpensive upgrades would be best, i'd eventually like some 32x11.5? tires. maybe a 2.5inch lift. Is the bottoming out on struts really that bad? i heard it scares the sh*t out of you when it happens...

here's a pic.

4d9620ef8.jpg

here's a pic of my '91 MR2.

crw0215gy1.jpg

-Ian :handlebars:

Edited by skrillz

any relative of skrill is a friend o mine :hugs: welcome to the family :beer:

i STILL say his truck seems taller than mine :tongue:

Edited by Slick

thanks guys!, this is the 6th pathfinder in the family...

Csutke - i like your rig, How do you like the AC lift? can you fit 32's on there now?

Slick - Yeah He jacked the crap out of the torsion bars. i think they're maxed out!

Edited by skrillz

Hey man. Welcome to the board. :beer:

Spent the weekend working on vehicles with your bro. Saturday was Pathy frame welding, and today was working on a friend's wife's car.

One question, are you another "lady fingers" too? :tongue:

See you on the trails in the spring, or maybe before then for some mods/maintenance gathering.

Hi there, welcome to NPORA... looking forward to seeing your pathy out on the trails with us next spring!!

Remind Nige that R50's rule for me will ya! :D

btw, NTC (nissan truck club) is having a coffee meet on Tuesday if you wanna come out... not sure if your brother was planning on heading to it -- we'll be in Milton.

Thanks guys, i know a bit about autos. do most of the work to my own car. i won't go as far as timing belts but i try to do as much as i can. i'd rather do it myself than question someone else's expertise. And yes, Nige is a real southern dandy...hahaha.

maybe i can come to the meet. i have to get my car into storage tuesday but i'll try. i'd like to see you're truck especially Pezzy.

Coolness. I often ride with Simon to the meets - but if you're going we'll either take mine (HAH!) Or I'll ditch the chauffeur, and take my own truck :)