can I fit 31's on my finder without lifting it

zor

im running a 98 pathfinder chilkoot edition I need new tires and was looking at some Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ but the smallest diameter they come in is 33" I dont think these will fit without a 2inch lift. am i right or is there any other way to fit them or at least some 31's?

Pretty sure you can't go bigger than 31" without lift. Some even rub with 31's from what I've read. You have to search on this forum with specific keywords and you'll get lots of info. People on here are quite friendly and helpful but they like you to do a little leg work first which is good because you learn stuff...I mean if you're like me who keeps dropping the wrench on my toe or you're new to 4WD's.

31s will be tight on factory setup. Depending on how much sag you have from your torsion bars and rear springs, you could have issues. You will most probably have rubbing if you do any extreme 4wheeling even if your susoension is not sagging.

I'm guessing a 2" lift would get you 32s comfortably.......33s......might be tight.

Edited by denisb

31s will be tight on factory setup. Depending on how much sag you have from your torsion bars and rear springs, you could have issues.

98 Pathfinder, Denis..... No torsion bars in the front....struts.

You can fit them, but I've heard of some folks needing aftermarket rims, or narrower 31" tires to clear the strut tower.

Im also interested in 31x10.5's on my pathy! As of now shes totally stock with 235/75r15's on chrome stk rims and lots of fender well!! I found a descent set of 31's on sale that I'm gonna treat myself to for Xmas! my main concern is that the stk rims may be to narrow for the 31x10.50x15's. Does anyone know off hand if this will be a problem?

Im also interested in 31x10.5's on my pathy! As of now shes totally stock with 235/75r15's on chrome stk rims and lots of fender well!! I found a descent set of 31's on sale that I'm gonna treat myself to for Xmas! my main concern is that the stk rims may be to narrow for the 31x10.50x15's. Does anyone know off hand if this will be a problem?

I had a 89 pathy with the stock chrome skinny rims and the 31's ran just fine. Went though three different kinds and had no problems with any of them. The skinnier rims just didn't let the tire fill out all the way.

Edited by Roost

right on yea I found out the Baja ATZ do come in 31's the size just wasn't on their pamphlet. I got them ordered and stoked to get them on also getting some **** Cepek DC-1 black rims to go with hell yes. and all for just over a grand installed balanced and everything.

I ran 31's on my 87 and 95...the 95 had to get some trimming of the front valence (the nice curved one not the boxy one) and removal of the fender flares even after a lil crank of the t-bars but the backspacing on those wheels was different...and those were BFG A/Ts

The 87 ran 31" Dunlop mud rovers and would rub the frames if you turned all teh way but the way to fix that is to adjust the bump stops...I just knew when to stop turning and it didn't kill my radius all that much...I didn't do any cranking on those bars either but it didnt have the flares

• 3 weeks later...

nice, is anyone running 15x8, 6 x 5.50 wheels on there 31's? (specifically Cragar Soft 8's) the backspacing on the Cragars are 4.0, will that be a problem?

Edited by ozzy

im not sure of the BS on my black wheels but it def made them rub where the stockers didnt I can try and measure the depth of the wheel this weekend b/c I have 2 wihtout the wheels on

sweet, that'd be great - i plan on taking it easy until i get a lift, so it shouldn't be that bad from what ive been reading the past few days.

if you havent heard from me by sun just shoot me a PM to remind me...but heres a pic at full flex...i only stopped b/c I heard the tires rubbing the wheel wells...didnt know it was flexed that much...but yea I'm sure they have the dims stamped and if not i'll measure them out for ya...

2265146_33_full.jpg

2265146_32_full.jpg