How much trouble am I in?

GreenEnvy94Pathy

Well it was bound to happen... a Jeep in my garage. Long long story short my 2005 BMW was not fit for the family. Getting the baby seat in and out of a 2 door is a real pain, plus I was advised by BMW that in 2 door 3 series like the one I had, it is not advised to have a forward facing car seat with side airbags. Needless to say I was very upset with that dealer since they were the ones that sold me the vehicle just a few months ago... I even had my daughter with me at the time.

Well I traded it in on something more family oriented. The dealer had this beautiful 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition with the 4.7 H.O. (265 hp) Quadra Drive 4 wheel drive system, velor/leather interior, woodgrain steering wheel, heated seats, auto wipers, sunroof.... I mean the whole nine. So I broke down... and bought the JEEP.

You all know how much I love Pathfinders... I still have two of them a 05 Pathfinder SE 4x4 and a 94 SE 4x4, but for some reason I feel like I am cheating on the others every time I drive the Jeep. The only thing that makes me feel better is that I am sure the 94 and 05 make fun of it at night when they are all in the garage :) But I must admit, it is kinda bad ass, and fast as all get out. I am excited to get it up in the hills to really test its prowess. I just bought a set up Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires for it as well.

It begs the question, factory set up to factory set up... with NO biases is there a Pathfinder that stacks up against what I have by way of the Overland Edition?

Oh ya and how much trouble am I in for allowing a Jeep on this site?

Edited by GreenEnvy94Pathy

hope its better than my moms brand new liberty...it broke down on her after 250 miles of driving and has had it break down 3 more times since and "they cannot duplicate" it so it doesnt qualify for a lemon...its got all kinds of electrical problems and what not...

my cousin had a grand cherokee like that but green and it was nice...didn't have a lot of offroad capabilities but ya get what ya get...hope you enjoy

They're a well appointed truck. However, not always the most reliable. Some run forever, some barely ever run. It's basically luck of the draw with any Chrysler product. :shrug:

Hope you got a good one.

my cousin had a grand cherokee like that but green and it was nice...didn't have a lot of offroad capabilities but ya get what ya get...hope you enjoy

I would have to disagree, this is from the Petersons 4 Wheel and Off Road 4x4 of the year competition:

"The Jeep Grand Cherokee continues to build on its heritage in the off road marketplace. This is the 7th time the Jeep Grand Cherokee has won this award, proving it is the leader in off-road capability. In its inaugural model year, Jeep Grand Cherokee first won the 1993 4-Wheel & Off-Road's "4x4 of the Year" competition, a second time in 1996 after its first substantial redesign, in 1998 with the high-performance Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited, and again with the all-new 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the new five-speed automatic transmission. 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Edition with the addition of the 4.7 H.O. engine option, and most recent 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi Limited.

The advanced four-wheel-drive traction control system left many competitors in the dust, and the refinement in ride quality and off-road capability pushed the Jeep Grand Cherokee into the winners circle," said Pw.Competitors in 4-Wheel & Off-Road's 2005 4x4 of the Year were the Dodge Dakota, Nissan Frontier, Dodge Power Wagon, Toyota Tacoma, Land Rover LR3, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Nissan Pathfinder, Jeep Liberty Diesel, and the Grand Cherokee.

I don't know about you, but that is some serious competition including a vehicle that I own... sitting right next to the Jeep in the garage. I know that this is not a Jeep forum, but it just seems to me like most hate a Jeep for being a Jeep. Not really recognizing the off road prowess that some Jeeps possess, like the Grand Cherokee & Wrangler Rubi, ect...

I guess its like compairing Ford to Chevrolet, Cowboys to Redskins, Coke to Pepsi, all a matter of taste I suppose. :shiftyeyes:

The Overland edition really has no advantage off-road over any of the other Grand Cherokees with the Quadra-Drive, except that it's a bit more appointed and is the most luxurious of the Grand Cherokee line. I do have to say though, the Overland Edition of the 07s and 08s is REALLY SWEET. Standard Nav, backup camera, cashmere inserts on the seats, real teak woodgrain, sheepskin leather seats, it's ridiculous...Nice find. But....this is a somewhat biased opinion coming from a Pathfinder driving Jeep salesman.

How does it compare to your 05?

I have not had a chance to take the Jeep off road yet, but as far as everyday driving the Pathfinder is WAY better. It is larger, wider, more stable, better steering, better road feel, better seats, more interior room, all around just way nicer driving. The Jeep is a little quicker off the line and up to 60mph. My wife and I were coming home from the in-laws, she in the 05 Pathfinder, and I was in the Jeep. I had her gun it at the light and I took about a 1/2 car length lead up to 60. That was with the factory tires on the Jeep which were a 235/65/17, I have since jumped up in size to a 255/65/17. I can notice a difference in acceleration so I will have to re-run them now.

Pathfinder - 1

Jeep - 0

They're a well appointed truck. However, not always the most reliable. Some run forever, some barely ever run. It's basically luck of the draw with any Chrysler product. :shrug:

Hope you got a good one.

my mom has a 91 cherokee and has 207,000 miles on it and still purrs, that was when jeep made jeep, anyway is it rare to get that kinda miles on a cherokee