K&N Filter Identification

SnakeS

Hey everybody,

My Pathfinder came with a what i think is a performance filter. It is a stock replacement square filter that goes in the airbox. It has black rubber seals and is purple in colour. There is no lettering on it. Doesn't look to be oiled. Just wondering if it was a real K&N or a cheap knock off because i don't want one in there that had inadequate filtration. Wondering if there is a easy way to tell. Thanks again

do you think it is still alright to use wont cause engine damage or does it flow to same amount as a regular paper filter?

Its hard to say about the flow without a brand name/specs, etc. I'd doubt you'll have a problem hurting the engine. Is it a dry type, or does it appear to have any oil on the filter element? Is it cotton gauze type, or a type of paper?

Air hog has almost the same wire mish that K&N has but the Air hog is more of a darker orange where as the K&N looks like a deeper red to purple. If it does not have that wire mesh then it is not K&N or Air Hog. No worries though about air flow. If it was designed to be an air filter then it should have enough air flow for your truck plus it does not even look dirty yet.