Engine Mount Anyone?

robbie

My father just got his old Volvo back from the shop and they put in new engine mounts. I had no idea it could make such a dramatic difference. That old piece now feels like he just bought it. The car rides so smooth like it was brand new.

I'm thinking... now how can I get my pathy to feel like I just picked it up off the showroom floor. So... has anyone put new engine mounts on their truck? I've been looking for a how-to on it.. but not having any luck. Is it a pretty straight forward procedure? The shop charged my dad $500 ... though it was worth it I think he got overcharged... which is typical here in LA.

X2 If your worried about the ride put on some new shocks and struts that are built for comfort. Then get some spongy road tires with big honkin' sidewalls. Then if your still not satisfied do a front end job with TRE's, bushings new ball joints, etc. It'll cost ya quite a bit of $ to do a front end job if you dont do it yourself. But after that she should ride real nice. I need to get all that stuff mentioned above done to my truck...

Id say only replace them if they are busted. I wonder if the uretane mounts from the 95 maxima would work?

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/nis2.html

I used these on my civic with a motor swap and they did a good job of eliminating slack, but just made the steering vibrate like a bish at idle.

Max Mounts are different than our Pathy's....

Id say only replace them if they are busted. I wonder if the uretane mounts from the 95 maxima would work?
nope just as casey said...

they're pretty straight forward to replace...an engine hoist helps so do the factory lifting points (my 87 had them) but the rest of the engines i've seen I havent seen them so I just attach them when I need to move an engine it keeps it nice and balanced

*deletes post* holy isht, batman

Had about 17 things going at once last night, saw he hit on the "car" section of their site rather than truck and couldn't find. Redirected, didn't look further, I'm a jackass. ;) Well, you're used to that from me, at least. lol

Edited by Mr. Pickles