98silverpathy-->>02silverpathy

02silverpathy

Hey guys....I am back in an R50! I bought an 02 Chrome Silver SE. It has 44K miles on it basic interior and no sunroof : (----The interior is the black cloth, which I am very much in love with. The truck came from auction in Manheim PA, before that I don't know as I have not pulled the Carfax on it. The truck had previously been painted in the rear drivers side QP and front fender--neither piece had been replaced so damage must have been minimal....the fender is perfect the QP is good to normal people buuuuut I am abnormal so I am planning on having it touched up.

The rig has already had its intakes taken off and all of my 12 power-valve screws were there!!! :tonguefinger: 4 of the 12 were loose, as in turned immediately with a screw driver...the others required good concentrated effort to remove without stripping out the phillips pattern. I will post pics later of the manifolds, probably in the pinned section. The screws seemed to have some type of rubber(y) thread lockers on them, but with the amount of oil the PCV system allows through the intakes that rubber could be no match!

I have not had too much fun in the truck yet as I have spent every day off changing fluids and filters. I was disappionted that my local Advance did not carry Iridiums for the truck so no plug change yet. I did already bypass the throttle body coolant lines, this added no extra ponies that I can tell, however there is no loss of power once the truck is warmed up.

Other than that, man does this thing scoot!

..................XPLOx4 you were almost predicting the future a couple of posts back when you said I needed another 98 silver pathfinder to preserve my screen name, lol I end up with an 02 silver path! I did not plan it, but it was the best rig for the buck in the auction, which turned out to be the lowest priced rig at the auction for several weeks!!! (that wasn't banged up or rode hard.....)

Hey guys....I am back in an R50! I bought an 02 Chrome Silver SE. It has 44K miles on it basic interior and no sunroof : (----The interior is the black cloth, which I am very much in love with. The truck came from auction in Manheim PA, before that I don't know as I have not pulled the Carfax on it. The truck had previously been painted in the rear drivers side QP and front fender--neither piece had been replaced so damage must have been minimal....the fender is perfect the QP is good to normal people buuuuut I am abnormal so I am planning on having it touched up.

The rig has already had its intakes taken off and all of my 12 power-valve screws were there!!! :tonguefinger: 4 of the 12 were loose, as in turned immediately with a screw driver...the others required good concentrated effort to remove without stripping out the phillips pattern. I will post pics later of the manifolds, probably in the pinned section. The screws seemed to have some type of rubber(y) thread lockers on them, but with the amount of oil the PCV system allows through the intakes that rubber could be no match!

I have not had too much fun in the truck yet as I have spent every day off changing fluids and filters. I was disappionted that my local Advance did not carry Iridiums for the truck so no plug change yet. I did already bypass the throttle body coolant lines, this added no extra ponies that I can tell, however there is no loss of power once the truck is warmed up.

Other than that, man does this thing scoot!

..................XPLOx4 you were almost predicting the future a couple of posts back when you said I needed another 98 silver pathfinder to preserve my screen name, lol I end up with an 02 silver path! I did not plan it, but it was the best rig for the buck in the auction, which turned out to be the lowest priced rig at the auction for several weeks!!! (that wasn't banged up or rode hard.....)

hey man, when you took the intakeoff did you replace the gaskets or reuse the old ones?

congrats again.

hey man, when you took the intakeoff did you replace the gaskets or reuse the old ones?

congrats again.

I used new gaskets, but I really think that you could re-use. My TB gasket was wrong so that got reused. The gaskets are metal with a thing coat of rubber, so unless part of the gasket sticks to the opposing manifold and peels off (READ: wait till engine is cold), there should be no problem. I have awesome pics of this work...I hope later today to stick them in the pinned section for this topic.