What's The Single Largest Inherent Flaw In A Wd21 Pathfinder?

88pathoffroad

What's The Single Largest Inherent Flaw In A WD21 Pathfinder?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Choose away!

• Engine problems
    • Transmission problems
    • Frame problems
    • Suspension/steering problems
    • Drivetrain problems
    • There are no aftermarket parts available!
    • They quit making two-doors!
    • Lack of power

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really haven't had many problems with mine at all, although I am still only at 99,000 miles. My biggest problem is body rust. The frame seems ok, but areas in the fenders and especially under the back seats are rusting.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the lack of cup holders (and I don't count that ridiculous in-the-armrest contraption). No proper place to put your Venti triple americano with hazelnut and vanilla has to be the biggest single inherent flaw in the WD21 Pathfinder.

;)

but i digest....

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for the aftermarket choice.

The only real problem I have with it is I do go out bush a fair bit in it and find clearance, even with slightly oversize tyres, to be the main issue.

The IFS really comes into its own in a lot of situations, there's enough power,(although there'll be no drag racing in it) and the LSD rear works well also.

I've done high country, desert, beach, mountain, mud - all the usual stuff you find in Victoria, Aust. I have drowned it twice, the first time shorting the EMC out which was cleverly mounted on the floor under the driver's seat (right hand drive). I have since re-routed it to the glove box.

It is relatively standard with a small lift as well. Maybe it's experience or a bit of age but I won't try some of the extreme stuff with it.

I've had it ten years and still can't find anything on the market that would suit me better. It is a daily driver and a weekend warrior and is still going strong. For a '93 I think it's doing pretty well. Also up to 243,000 kms.

Darren

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the lack of cup holders (and I don't count that ridiculous in-the-armrest contraption). No proper place to put your Venti triple americano with hazelnut and vanilla has to be the biggest single inherent flaw in the WD21 Pathfinder.

;)

but i digest....

What he said!!

I'm thinking of finding something aftermarket generic and mounting them in front of the handbrake on the floor behind the gearstick.

I also degustate.

• 5 months later...

;)

but i digest....

That is my only complaint is the lack of cup holders... I got no place for my Timmies coffee... :shrug:

Have to vote frame issues since while i was looking fo rone every one i came across was junk underneath. the newer they got the worse they were suprisingly. that and they should have never quit the 2 door...