New From Tucson

Charlie

Hi, my name is Charlie, im from Tucson, Az, and I just got a pathfinder about two days ago. I work as a Diesel Mechanic here, and a co-worker sold me his 88. I drove it home, did a tune-up, changed the oil etc. and took for a quick trip around the block. That quick trip turned into a 2 hour trip because as I made my way down my dirt road, I decided to try out the 4 wheel drive and had a blast. I think Im hooked. I plan to do a lift and tires first, followed by manual hubs and locking rear diff. A winch and other stuff will come eventually i think.

That quick trip turned into a 2 hour trip because as I made my way down my dirt road, I decided to try out the 4 wheel drive and had a blast. I think Im hooked.

A 1 hour errand turned into a 4 hour joy ride for me once. I'm trying to practice self control these days.....

Good Times!

Welcome to the forums Charlie, I would recommend you change the timing belt asap.. unless you have proof positive that is has been done recently. And if it's an auto, seriously consider bypassing the stock tranny cooler and installing a good aftermarket one... or a bigger/better one from a wrecking yard.

You'll find that poular opinion here would be to place those at the top of your list :aok: