N00b To Nissan In The Mile-high City...

coaz4x4

Greetings all!!

I just got my 88 Pathfinder the other day... and figured some Nissan pros like y'all would be a good community to get in on.

I still have to get temp plates, and a title so I can go get emissions, and license plates so I can drive it (not like I didn't tonight... but I don't need the ticket!) and park it on the street.

The Ronin Wheelers site sent me here for some help...

The lock-cylinders in the doors are shot... any tips etc. on removing and replacing them? Running a 2nd key for the doors is not an issue to me... but I heard this might be a part I can get at a local parts store.

I understand it's engine oil capacity is 4.5 quarts? Any other fluids you suggest I change?? (I figure bleeding out the brake fluid, changing the air filter etc. are all good ideas)

Lastly, what's involved in getting the dash apart enough to pull out the deck? I need to replace their aftermarket one b/c they lost the faceplate!!

Thanks! I like to get down to business on the forums... lol

Hey there, welcome to the boards...

If you dont know the history of the truck, or it's fluids you may want to have them all checked & replaced. Same goes for the timing belt... if that goes on you, you're fuggered!

Dash/Deck, I've torn apart the 95, and a 99, both were just a matter of removing the center section, which had a couple screws in the bottom, and the rest was held in with clips...

Good luck with your new toy! :)

Good luck with your new toy! :)

I know the timing belt is a-ok... replaced in the last 15-20k... don't remember exactly off the top of my head.

I am planning on replacing all the fluids... actually found a old owners manual for this a friend had... and amazing how there's a DIY section! Imagine that in a new vehicle...

I did get the deck out quite easily... just going to tackle a) the door locks B) a wiring gremlin in the interior lights and clock c) new deck d) fluids

Thanks for the warm welcomes!