A Little Interior Disaster.

Dowser

Evening All.

Had a family of Mice living in my Heater cause the vehicle was parked for about 2 months. Lucky me. can't use the Heater or AC for obvious reason as now that the Mice are Evicted, the Smell is not only terrible but Harmful to inhale, SOOoooo I began my Complete and total Interior removal process and I sure am Hating it. Im at the stage finally now that Im ready to re-assemble But I've decided If Im going to do this I'd like to do it only once. On that note,

Does anyone have a Fully loaded 1995? I'm trying to see what the Interior Gauges, Center Console, Door's, pretty much everything looks like in comparison to this 92 BASIC model XE. I've been planning a trip to the nearest Wrecking yard which is an Hour and a Half away so If im gonna go, I'd like to pick up what I can. If one of you would be so kind as to snap me some photo's of the center console, Doors with the switches, Whole dash, Gauges including a Night Shot of the Gauges lit up, and anything else that came with the Loaded option that I may be missing, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and I'll have to let you all know how it turns out. if it EVER turns out.

Dowser :skull:

How's it going out there anyways? Long time no hear!

Well It's been hell actually. I just dont have enough time for anything anymore since we moved here. Currently Im working a lot, And when im not at work for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Im at home working on doing the house remodeling, fence installation, Electrical, and all other manor of House fixer-upper issues. :crossedwires: Not to mention Rachel Still hasnt had the Baby yet, (6 days overdue) so shes got me doing anything and everything that comes to her mind which I've been told that if I'm a smart man, I'll just say "Yes Dear" and do it until the Baby Pops out. :thumbsdown:

Had a couple of times we thought it was gonna happen for sure and watching the 2 of us get ready for the Hour and a Half drive to the Hospital is a REAL GONG show. The other night she had contractions 5 minutes apart for about an hour so I'm getting all the stuff packed in the back of her Hyundia Tuscon. I'm rushing back and forth to the house like a mad man cause its clear in my mind that I dont want to have it ON THE WAY to the hospital. :ill: I was almost ready to rock and I had a thought. "What if her water breaks in the car?" :omg: I run to the Basement and grab a Tarp. hahah Yup thats right. Cause nothing says :wub:"Honey I love you" :wub: Like an Old Tarp encapsulating you in the passenger seat. At any rate, I was all pumped and ran into the house to get her and she says she hasnt had another contraction for about 10 minutes. That was it..... it was over. She wasnt gonna have it that night. :ohno01: I was so bloody overwhemed with the whole thing that I left the Truck of the Tuscon open all night long cause I forgot to close it until I got up for work the next day. To my suprise I wasnt robbed which I thought for sure my Luck would have produced. Yup.. a Gong show.

I like to think that the first time was a Primer. It's all Cool and Calm from this point Im sure. When it happens again I'll handle it a lot different. She'll say, "Im having contractions 4 minutes apart for the last hour!! Lets go to the hospital!!!" And I'll respond in a cool and confident manor, "Sure, Hun, I'll get the car ready as soon I'm finished with this bag of Cheetos and this Rerun of Magnum P.I. is over. That Higgins, He's really something isn't he Hun?" Yep. Cool and confident. :tonguefinger: We'll see what happens.

It'll turn out...just make sure you get the mounting brackets for the bottom dash and fuse box they are different between the box style and curve style dash...I lost those when I did my swap so the bottom half is kinda flimsey until I can fab up some stuff...

Thanks! I would have definitely not remembered that. Right now all my hardware is in about 30 Ziplock bags taped to each piece I took out hahah I have to do it that way cause when I take it out I think I'll be done it in about a few hours, but in reality a month later it goes back in and I cant remember what the hell went where. :shrug:

Thanks Guys.

Dowser :skull:

Edited by Dowser

Now thats a Dowser Post....

D, get a bottle of Red wine, big pasta dinner with lots of Olive Oil and do what comes naturally... that baby will pop right out....

Delivering your own Baby, Now thats gonna be a Great Write up.....

FYI: IIRC in 93 they changed dash design to the rounded no-frills style, so your 92 has the final version of the square gauges. Unless it was in 94. I forget.

93 was the last year for the squarish dash variants. 94 and 95 have the curvy/rounded dash.

• 2 weeks later...
Delivering your own Baby, Now thats gonna be a Great Write up.....

That one I'm looking forward to!!

Make sure to keep up with the colours & smilies... I love it!

Any luck with a few photos yet Simon? Oh an just a reminder... Have Pezzy pose in her skimpiest outfit for me too. :tonguefinger:

Dowser

I'll be sure to get my snowsuit out. P...

I'll be updating you all on this very soon. Haven't had much time as of late. I have to have a good solid hour to myself to sit down and actually type something out. I'll type it out this week end. Which means..... yes...... We had the baby... But I cannot divulge any more info other then that or we'll lose the whole WOW factor.