What about price of K&N air filter ?

MIGUEL

Ouch. I bought my K&N filter here in the US for about $45 and the cleaning kit with the aerosol oil can for about $20. I wonder what it would cost to ship such a thing to Russia from a friend, or if it would even be possible?

i know how Miguel feels, mine cost $NZ150 and the cleaning kit is about $NZ30. Thing is you don't have to buy many paper filters before it has payed for its self!!!

Especially if they are used of road and get dirty quickly!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say:

NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER GO NEAR ONE!!!!!

They are useless for anything but high way use, and even then they are still crap!!

If you run one for a while (1000Km's or so)then pull it off, wipe your finger around the inside of the intake, after the filter and look at your finger. Gauranteed there will be a smudge of dust on your finger. No matter how much you oil them it still does the same. The filter matrix is just to coarse, they made sacrafices in order to increase airflow.

Read the write up on their web site, its very good and accurate, and note that the smallest particulate size they test with is still quite large, when compared with what a paper filter will filter out.

A paper filter is still the ultimate in filtering out dust and dirt, a foam filter a very very very close second.

Air filters are always a hot topic to debate because every one uses their vehicle differently. ;)