Ome Lift Installed *pics*

GatoFuego

Let me start off by saying that Rocky Road has worked very hard at it's poor customer service reputation and my experience has been no exception. I ordered the 1.75" heavy duty front lift springs and medium rear springs along with one set of "trim packers" which as everyone knows are told to be 9/16 but are actually 5/16 thick. A side note regarding that issue...why is there this obvious discrepancy in thickness when a measurement is a measurement, it's not like it's a subjective thing. They measure 5/16 therefore they should be advertised at 5/16 trim packers, ok I'm done with that. I'm sure my story is not nearly as bad as some but it's still frustrating. I ordered my springs on a Saturday, of course they won't get around to filling the order until Monday, they are located in UT and I'm in AZ, so I figure 2-3 days shipping. I call on Wednesday to get a tracking number, after stumbling around on the phone trying to find my order they guy says they had to order the springs from OME and I should get them by next Friday, bummer... I come home on Thursday and the springs are sitting on my door step, very cool but not what I was told, a nice surprise I figure. But wait, no trim packers... I call on Friday to find out about the missing packers, the same guy stumbles around again and tells me they are on backorder and could be 2-4 weeks before I get them. I make it obvious that this lack of communication is unacceptable, the idiot on the phone just stays silent probably hitting the bong waiting for me break the silence again. I figure oh well, I'll do the install without them and see if it needs any adjustment. I also ordered a full set of KYB GR-2 struts and shocks from eBay for <$200, that was another interesting issue but I'll spare you that fiasco. At any rate, I spent nearly 6 hours on the front but keep in mind I also repacked my bearings, installed new rotors/pad and Warn hubs. It was also 100+ degrees outside so I took many water breaks. The next day I installed the rear springs which only took about an hour and could do it again, in probably 20 minutes. The best trick for doing the rear is to disconnect the lower sway bar link, put a floor jack under the diff, remove the shocks, drop the diff down until you see it starting to put too much tension on the brake line, then take another floor jack and jack up one side of the axle which will then drop the other and allow you to remove and reinstall the new spring without a compressor. I don't have any before pictures, but here is the Pathy after the 265/70/16 Kumho Road Venture AT (basically 31's) and the other obvious guards. Next on the list are some skid plates (I'll probably make them myself) and I'm also planning on fabing a front bull bar (ARB style) once the temps drop a bit. The lift measurements are below, enjoy!

(measured from the top of the hub cap to the fender lip)

Before

RF - 16 3/8

LF - 16 1/8

RR - 16

LR - 15 7/8

After

RF - 17 1/2 (1 1/8 lift)

LF - 17 1/4 (1 1/8 lift)

RR - 17 3/4 (1 3/4 lift)

LR - 17 1/2 (1 5/8 lift)

These were take 2 weeks after the install so everything has fully settled by now, so as you can see it's pretty much perfectly level front to back.

IMG_1253copy_1.jpg

IMG_1254copy_1.jpg

IMG_1255copy_1.jpg

IMG_1256copy_1.jpg

Me and the Wife :tongue:

IMG_1250.jpg

Edited by GatoFuego

This is why you need sliders!! And they look good to.

CopyofIMG_0102.jpg

This is a little better pic of the sliders that rocky road is making for are pathfinders.

IMG_0108.jpg

Sorry to hear that you had problems with rocky road I have met there customer service people and some of them are well lets just say they look less than happy to be there. The owner is awesome guy though.

Edited by trogdor

The website mentioned earlier has boned me on several occasions. Once they took a month to ship my sliders and then packed in the wrong install instructions (I subsoquently overdrilled the subframe!). My buddy ordered an OME lift for Taco and they boned him around for a while. I also expereinced them taking for ever and not really telling me when my OME lift was to come in. I just ordered the trim packers last monday, the most recent thing they told me was they are being powdercoated and should ship out today! Right!! We will see what happens.

By the way truck looks great!

Ya I have herd that they have problems but I have meet all those guys and there customer service guys really do suck, the owner however is a really great guy! he just needs better customer service people, for me I live like 45 min away from there shop so if I need it I will go and pic it up, it helps that you can right close. They are also very shorthanded right now.

Edited by trogdor

OME installed, HD front, medium rear, comfort shocks and OME struts. A couple of pics from today. I needed to use the winch to get out of that rut. Will take pics of the tire/strut clearance and yellow stuff when it's clean.

Forum wont let me upload images....

PICT4220.jpg

PICT4228.jpg

It's an OK bumper. Pretty heavy, but durable. My Champion 9.5 fit in with about an inch of clearance between it and the rad. Had to remove the rad support beam. Other than the winch, lights, lift, engine swap and bumper there isn't really anything I've done to it... Still want a ~1.5"+ subframe drop and 32-33" tires. I get stuck everywhere I go with this thing and wishI had bought something else. Powersteering pump is dying now. I'm hating the ABS offroad. Is there a way to turn it off? I'm destroying my transmission becuase of it.

I know the feeling about wanting something else, I know that in my old police cruiser I could turn off the abs. It was just a switch under the hood, I'm sure that you would just have to find a power wire and place an inline switch to do the same. Nissandoms47 has done the subframe drop and it out climes mine all the time just because his is higher.

"I am", becasue of it. Maybe it's my poor style, but I'm a fan of the rock forwards and backwards to get unstuck (always driven stick until this vehicle), and generally I free myself. Infact, in my Kenworth this has got to be the best tactic to get moving in squishy mud.

The ABS won't let you stop your tire spin in enough time to shift from D to R. So I find myself quite often shifting from D to R or R to D with a wheel or two spinning and it's very hard on the transmission. Especially in low range. Now, if ABS wasn't on, I could rock to my hearts content without hurting anything, but it takes a moment to stop tire spin, which defeats the entire purpose since I've already slid back into my ruts before getting it back in gear.

Edited by Orangetang

Interesting, so I'm not alone....

Just to add to the problems on Rocky Road, I ordered the trim packers on June 15. They never showed up, I never was charged, so I figured I typed my Visa card number wrong (since I go from memory when I type it online). August 23 rolls around and they decide to process my order. An entire sixty nine days later. I call to cancel the order, outraged that any company would find this acceptable, and of course, even during their business hours, their 800 number rings endlessly. Of course their unaccessable 800 numbre is only "accessable" during hours that I'm supposed to be working, so it was a total waste of a day trying to get these guys on the phone... After some time of trying to get through, someone finally answers and cancels the order and does a reversal on the charge....

Seriously, 69 days? Am I the only one who sees a problem here? They never contacted me to say they're on backorder or anything, then just out of nowhere decide to charge me for stuff I ordered and lost interest in MONTHS ago. Hey, I have a brilliant idea, how about tomorrow I go to work and put one of my associate's files in my bottom drawer, and then eventually get around to going through it in November... Oh wait, then I'd get fired, and if everyone at my office did that, we wouldnt do any business.

I dont know about any of you guys, but I for one wont be giving them *my* business ever again.

Why not start a thread about how much rocky road sucks to you guys and dont hi jack this other guys thread..

No big deal, most of my post was a rant about rocky road anyway. Can't blame them... You know the old saying, someone has a good experience they'll tell 10 people but if they have a bad experience they'll tell 100. They cannot continue to do business the way they are, it will bite them in the ass. BTW, still haven't received my trim packers, I'm just going to call tomorrow to cancel the order.