200k Birthday For Terrano

Just given the old Terrano a birthday now that it has just clocked 200k Kilometres. The engine got the big service, with new injectors, fuel pump reset, good clean out of manifolds, emmission control disabled, intake manifold gasket, waterpump, harmonic balancer and front crank seal replaced, timing reset. On the chassis, running gear side, I replaced all the rear suspension bushes with nolathane ( had to get the local garage to press out the originals ), new tierod ends, Calmini lift kit and new 33" mud tyres to finish off the package. looking and going real great now. The bank account took a hammering, but figured I would've spend about the same if I had traded the old girl in and got another second hand vehicle. At least I know this vehicles history, and that it is pretty sound.

I anguished over the lift kit for quite awhile, but decided to go with the Calmini 3" kit. The main reason was that they have an agent here in NZ, so he got to deal with all the red tape with customs, money transfer, etc. I was pleasantly suprised when it arrived. All the bits were there, and I had no problems fitting the UCA's or torsion bars. Even the original UCA bushes came out with hardly a whimper. The only small prob was with the panhard rod drop bracket, I had to drill out the top holes as they didn't quite line up with the ones on the chassis.

Now all I have to do is get out and get it as dirty as hell.

Cheers

Al

Sounds sweet.....if only we could see it :lol:

I know of some great tracks out McLeans Island way if your keen

*Keeps eyes peeled for this mean Terrano on the streets of CH-CH* :D

congrats!

Go Go Terrano Go!