Suspension Lift

CDNBullrid

okay, now after 8 pages of discussion on which lift to put in. Lets make a decision.

AC 2" lift coils are for ultimate offroading

CONS

stiff

shocks top out over speed bumps and things

camber kit recommended

warn hubs recommended

OME lift coils are for some offroading but mostly appearance and larger tires.

Recommended - Heavy coils for front, Medium coils for rear.

CONS

have to put strut spacers in front to even out ride height - need 3 - 3/8"x2" grade8 bolts

rear is a little stiff

warn hubs recommended

little more pricey

little less lift than AC

Shocks and Struts can be ordered however you want, its all up to you.

When replacing S+S, its recommended to also replace

--- strut bearings

--- strut mounts

--- strub bumpers

If anyone has websites of where to purchase these parts online, please post.

If I need to change anything, let me know.

I love the AC lift. Except that I just had to replace passenger cv today cause boot was torn, and new brake pads. The OME lift is definitely a step up from stock and definitely a nice setup but for the $$$ don't you want a car that actually looks lifted?

Both lifts are available at AC (Automotive Customizers).

I love my AC lift. Yes, it does bottom out if you drive fast over speed bumps but, that is why they call them speed bumps. You're supposed to go slow. I got the Blistein shocks in back and Rancho's in front to soften the ride but still retain good offroad capabilities. If you are going to spend the bucks to lift the Pathfinder might as well lift it higher. My CV's have shown no abnormal wear. I did get the Warn hubs in front. Figured it might help the MPG plus, why have them turning unless you need them. Being able to put much larger tires on the rig really helps also plus, it looks very cool.

I went AC lift, and love it.

I did discover a ripped inner cv joint boot during my last oil change, but it was very fresh, and doesn't look like any grit got into the joint. Going to replace both boots on that axle this weekend.

Did I mention i have 105,000 miles on those CV boots, 60,000 miles of which were with the lift installed? I think they lasted their expected life. I doubt not having the lift would have made them last appreciably longer, it's a rubber part, and subjected to all kinds of abuse, salt etc.

I'm sure which ever way you go with the lift you'll enjoy it!

okay, quick question. i want bilstein shocks and the guy i'm getting it through needs the part number. can anyone find it for me? i dont know where to look. Thanks

i searched Bilstein's site and apparently they doesn't make shocks for your year pathfinder (assuming it's 96-04)

Edited by brerben