Rocky Road Sliders For 1999.5-04 Pathfinders

navygz19

I e mailed Glenn over at Rocky Road in reference to rockrails/sliders for the second gen. R50 crowd (like myself) recently. He got right back to me and informed me that as of now, the only ones available are for the earlier models, and the 05+. However, all hopes not lost...this was what he had to say.

We just released our kit for the 2005 Pathfinder. Have not had your year

into our shop for fitting though. If you know any guys in the Salt Lake City

area that have a 2000-2004 Pathfinder that wants a free set of Rockrails,

have them contact you, and forward their info. on to us. We need to have the vehicle at our shop for a couple

days. They will get the Rockrails and installation at no cost. We would

probably do a rear diff guard as well... same deal.

We just need to get a vehicle into our shop for the prototype and design...

Glenn Wakefield

www.rocky-road.com

SO...if there's anyone out in that area of the world that wishes to make a helluva contribution to the R50's limited aftermarket world, please shoot me a PM with your info. and I'll forward it along to him. I would jump all over this if I were remotely near Salt Lake. Let me know!

Edited by navygz19

Again with the rear diff guard.....it doesn't protect anything! The only reason I could see having a rear diff guard, would be to protect the drain plug, but it doesn't do that! More useless crap to weigh our trucks down.

That's the same kook who told me the rockrails they had for the Pathfinders would fit my 2000 perfectly, then sent me ones for a fu#kin Jeep. But the whole time they insisted that the Pathfinder rails would fit. They already have a diff guard for the r50's, but they're probably too dumb to know that.

Didn't somone already instal Rocky Road Sliders on their 01-04 rig? I though for sure that a used set had been sold from an early R50 and bought by a late R50 owner? Help!

I believe your referring to Dan (Vengeful). He bought 4crawler sliders off someone with an older R50. Difference is, 4crawler uses the factory step mounting bolts. Those appear to be alike. RRO uses holes drilled through the pinch seem and then more holes drilled through the frame. Next, refer to my other two threads from there...

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...mp;#entry251681

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...mp;#entry248104

My friend is taking his 03 to get some sliders fabbed up on the 22nd. So they'll soon have them out to you guys.

Thanks for helping Alex, your friend may have just opened up another door for R50 owners (myself included) Hopefully, Glenn and his gang have gotten over this recent bout of sh!tty customer service they've been giving. Did he tell you or your friend anything about pricing? I'm guessing the same as first gen. R50's but you never know... :shrug:

Thanks for helping Alex, your friend may have just opened up another door for R50 owners (myself included) Hopefully, Glenn and his gang have gotten over this recent bout of sh!tty customer service they've been giving. Did he tell you or your friend anything about pricing? I'm guessing the same as first gen. R50's but you never know... :shrug:

Apparently not just recent, maybe just most recent. See here:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread....ight=rocky+road

Info i wish i had before. I like to know as much as i can before i send my money, but i missed this. Hope it helps others out.

I can't wait to have those sliders done, like Alex said I will be taking my 03 R50 in on the 22 of this month, I will post some good pics when they are done. I have not heard what the price will be but when I get them done I will ask him.

Edited by trogdor

how much are they willing to proto and fab for the R50, if I could I would drive my happy arse down there just for that :) if there was other stuff in the works i might be able to make a trip out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to have those sliders done, like Alex said I will be taking my 03 R50 in on the 22 of this month, I will post some good pics when they are done. I have not heard what the price will be but when I get them done I will ask him.

So, how did it go at RR??? You get your sliders made? :shrug:

Lets see some pics!

Again with the rear diff guard.....it doesn't protect anything! The only reason I could see having a rear diff guard, would be to protect the drain plug, but it doesn't do that! More useless crap to weigh our trucks down.

xcarnage5.jpg

Protecting the drain plug is not a bad idea...