Lifting A 2wd

rickykline

i have a 92 2wd path. i know it can be done but i was looking to get a new set of wheels and tires soon.. possibly 33s. the truck needs new shocks and a bunch of odd and end bushings replaced(upper and lower rear control arm bushings..)i think im going to just install a full poly kit.. i was searching around the forum and see alot of people talking about the ac lift kit? what is AC? do they sell a 2wd lift kit? or would i clear 33s with a 3 inch body lift? also who sells a 3" body lift? what shocks would you all recommend? would a steering stabilizer be able to be installed on the 2wd model pathfinder? i dont do any off roading but id like to raise it some to not be rendered inop when it floods around here.. i have also seen a few members here with snorkels on there truck. just for future reference thanks for the help.. hope to get this thing lifted really soon

i knew as soon as i posted a thread id find what i was looking for..... i put together a little shopping list...

Shopping Cart

Name SKU Price Quantity Subtotal Action

Pathfinder 3 Inch Body Lift SPBL405395 121.90 121.90

Pathfinder Radiator Drop Down Kit BLRKIT776 45.05 45.05

Body Lift Liners SPLLP6417 71.55 71.55

Pathfinder Pan Hard Rod Bushings SPPEACPANHARDBUSH95PF 41.50 41.50

Pathfinder Trailing Arm Bushings SPACBTRAILBUSH95PF 36.50 146.00

Tension Arm Bushing Kit SPPU671040PF 23.00 23.00

Pathfinder Torsion Bars SPST1458 189.95 189.95

Lower Control Arm Bushing Kit SPPU31129PF 24.95 24.95

Steering Enhancement Package SPAC2STABBILSPKGPF 110.00 110.00

Pathfinder Custom Suspension Lift SPDL0119 335.00 335.00

SubTotal: 1108.90

not a bad way to spend 1100 bucks...

with all that i should have no problem clearing 33s huh? maybe even bigger

now the question is what shocks will work with this setup?

Edited by rickykline

$45 for two little brackets to drop the radiator? Ow. I'd rather leave it as it sits and just trim the fan shroud. $71 for some rubber and screws for body lift liners? Damn. I bought some $7 mud flaps at the auto parts store and cut them to fit. You don't HAVE to get torsion bars, either. Stock ones do great until they sag, then you can simply reindex them and they're good again. I'd examine the panhard rod bushings to see if they really NEED replacing, that's another $41 you don't really have to spend if they're good already. It won't make much difference in handling on that part, if any.

I hope you don't have problems with the AC folks like a lot of other people have...some get a box with half the parts in it and no note or explanation, then wait weeks for the rest, etc.

You can make your own (for cheap) gap guards is what he was trying to tell you.

BTW, with Pathfinders, being 2wd doesn't matter too much, most everything is the same for 2wd and 4wd as far as suspension, steering, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

will the trail masters kit work on a 2wd? i was looking at their kit and the only option is for a 4wd... will i just have extra stuff or will it not work on my 2wd? also it says not recommended for vehicles with 2 piece driveshafts.. which i have.. any help?

will the trail masters kit work on a 2wd? i was looking at their kit and the only option is for a 4wd... will i just have extra stuff or will it not work on my 2wd? also it says not recommended for vehicles with 2 piece driveshafts.. which i have.. any help?

Um, yes, I believe extra "stuff" will be a concern.

Your shopping list covers lots of stuff you don't need, as has been said, but also doesn't cover everything. Have you considered simply selling the 2wd truck and buying a 4wd one? You could lift yours to the sky, but if you really need the lift for flood waters or whatever, I'd bet you'd be up a creek (or foating down one) without the extra traction of 4wd. It doesn't make much sense to me to spend this kind of money to lift a 2wd truck when you could do the same more effectively with 4wd for a similar price.

the only reason i want the liners is because i dont like the gap between the body and the frame... will i have to cut out the floor for the body lift? im a v6 5sp 2wd..

????

cutting the floor???

if your reffering to the tcase shifter, it not required unless you do a 3" BODY lift, even then bending the selector is an option.

????

cutting the floor???

if your reffering to the tcase shifter, it not required unless you do a 3" BODY lift, even then bending the selector is an option.

When was the last time you saw a T-case in a 2wd? :togo:

Pre-running Pathy?

Not so much, apparently.

i dont do any off roading but id like to raise it some to not be rendered inop when it floods around here..

If you're really going through with this, I suggest figuring out that snorkel of course, but also adding a locker in the rear diff. If you try to push through deep water with just an open rear end, you'll end up going nowhere. At least get some traction down if you're bent on not getting a 4wd truck.