More Cowbell!

ticker

I need some advice regarding the installation of 6x9's in the front doors of my 95 pathy. The rear (stock) speakers are completely shot. I replaced the front speakers a while back with some 5x7 kenwoods that sound pretty decent so I'd like to move these to the back and take some 6x9's (also coincidentally kenwood)out of my non-running BMW and and put those up front. I don't want to put the 6x9 in the roof because they'll stick out too far and I already have a hard time getting things past the speaker hump(?) as it is.

The Question is has anyone done this, does it involve a lot of cutting, and it possible to leave the stock speaker grille intact? I really think this will improve my ability to hear the cowbell.

Thanks

just in case-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_PILVkA0MY

the 6x9's in the rear should fit within the headliner...i just actually swapped a 95 headliner over to my 87 so that I could add the 6x9's in the rear b/c i needed more speakers :D so now she'll have 4 6x9's 4 3.5" speakers over head (unless i move those i havent decided) and 2 tweeters...

heres a pic of the doors on a 95 without the panels...hope this helps u out some...I think it will be a lot of cutting and might be a pita to get to fit flush...unless you cut only enough to get the magnets in the door and have the grills on the outside of the door panels...

2359897_80_full.jpg

if you have solid headrests you can also pull those apart and cut the foam up and install some 3.5's in there (thats how my buddies miata had them installed and it was great)

Word to the wise: Make sure you have the window DOWN when you make your decisions on how much room you have and what will fit!

Yeah, the PO of my 88 couldn't understand why the window wouldn't go all the way down....

Yeah, the PO of my 88 couldn't understand why the window wouldn't go all the way down....

[/quote

Hey man thats just a child safety feature!

good point though, I think I'm going to pop the doors this weekend and see what will fit. The other option is to put some 5in round alpines in the doors and seal up the extra space. we'll see how it goes.