Ac Rant

SkotZ

I ordered a rocker panel kit from AC when i ordered my BL

No problems with body lift kit itself, so no rant there

BUT... http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...892f0804a19239e

what would u expect from this???^^^^^^

I dont know what some of you people consider a Rocker Panel

but a rocker panel is located UNDER THE BLOODY DOORS!

So, I ordered what I thought was a rocker panel kit,

and what i got I'll attach to this rant.

Now, I have a friend who owns a steel fab shop, he's quiet succesful.. and I myself have the means in my backyard to construct this "fancy part" I could have picked up some cheap stainless steel sheeting and taken it to my garage throw it down on the bandsaw ...and later, gone to my aluminum break and done the rest.

post-3562-1183930137_thumb.jpg

Edited by SkotZ

Anyway.. yes i'm disappointed and I hope this be lesson to ask stupid questions before buying something in a picture that isn't highlighted or so self explainatory

I could tell from that picture it was going to be what you got, only other shinny thing in the pic was a running board. Yes it is your own fault for not clarifying what you were actually ordering.

Ebay 'em for $75 and hike up the shipping a bit.

I know you're pissed because you think you got burned, but sorry, Greg's right. Says right on the ad they're made out of PVC and get held on with foam tape, man. Although they are listed in the "Armor" section...whatever.

Ebay 'em for $75 and hike up the shipping a bit.

I know you're pissed because you think you got burned, but sorry, Greg's right. Says right on the ad they're made out of PVC and get held on with foam tape, man. Although they are listed in the "Armor" section...whatever.

Did i get the wrong link? I didn't see anything about PVC and foam tape. Although i would have been curious about the 10 pieces and 3M adhesive bit... But that's no rocker kit to me.

Well, you asked..... I would have expected to get a cheezy stick on cover for the bottoms of the doors, just like what the photo is showing.... I agree that this is a sloppy use of the term "rocker panel", but hey, people are routinely using the term "motor" for an internal combustion engine, and "hot water heater" for a device used to heat cold water, and "I could care less" when they really mean they couldn't care less, and even go so far as to use the word "music" in the same sentence as "rap"... My point: sloppiness of terminology is quite common and even accepted in our society so the wise consumer has to make caveat emptor their mantra.

I would expect a cheap, poor quality, tape on bling product; poor customer service; slow shipping and outrageous shipping costs. I hate to break it to you but you got exactly what you bought. The term "rocker panel" can be used for several meanings...just like almost every other word/phrase in the English lanuage. It can mean the sills underneath the doors, cosmetic panels applied to a lower portion of the body, or even the lower part of the doors themselves. I have heard the term used in reference to each of these in use several times.

Oh...and the reason they have to use a picture of a Dodge Ram (not a Dakota) is because nobody is actually stupid enough to buy those ugly things and put them on a Nissan!