What Is Your Favorite Expression?

Precise1

Holy cats! - an exclamation with emphasis on the holy.

Sum b*****s! - self-explanatory

When asked for advice I usually reply with the old "Don't take any wooden nickels."

Several others that have no place on a family-friendly board such as this.

"Posh"

Going back a few years if you were well off and on a cruise you would be on the port side of the ship leaving and on the starboard side coming back.

"Port Out Starboard Home" (Don't ask me why)

It was a term attached to the rich British. In the old days, on cruises to the British Colonies, the boats would sail around the south end of Africa. The port side is the left side, so it had a view of land on the way out, and vice versa. The view-side cabins and staterooms were more expensive than the ocean-side, so only the rich could afford them.

The rich would travel in port side staterooms on the trip out, and starboard side state-rooms on the way home, so they could see land. Hence, rich, snobby, upper-class are referred to as POSH.

It was explained in my Click & Clack daily calendar a while back, in a segment called Bizzarre British Travel Habits. LOL.

It was a term attached to the rich British. In the old days, on cruises to the British Colonies, the boats would sail around the south end of Africa. The port side is the left side, so it had a view of land on the way out, and vice versa. The view-side cabins and staterooms were more expensive than the ocean-side, so only the rich could afford them.

The rich would travel in port side staterooms on the trip out, and starboard side state-rooms on the way home, so they could see land. Hence, rich, snobby, upper-class are referred to as POSH.

It was explained in my Click & Clack daily calendar a while back, in a segment called Bizzarre British Travel Habits. LOL.

Yeah that's it :D Cheers for clearing that up Dan :beer:

Its on like Donkey Kong......Someone Challenges you.

Tight like frog..........A few meanings..1. A tight wad......2. A um sexual experiance :hide:

You kiss your mother with that mouth?.......A person whom swears like a druken sailor(mostly applies to a hot female)

So how do I taste???......um um pretty self explanatory :chairfall:

Edited by fordsho90