Gps Questions

csutke

Hiya

I'm not sure what the advantage of one of these units would be, the way i'm seeing it is all that it does is recieve signals from satellites and using bluetooth to send it to either a laptop or pda screen, you will need to have a laptop or pda for it to work, I'm guessing you have to have the mapping software downloaded onto your pda or laptop then this units sends the satellite signal to the mapping software.

I just bought a HP ipaq travel companion for like $570 (aust dollar) it's a pda with tomtom mapping software built into it, I can't complain, considering the tomtom brand nav units were selling for close to same price, so i got the pda option for only a few extra dollars.

That gps reciever will be good if you already own a laptop or pda and can access mapping software at a reasonable price.

Never heard of it before, but come one, current bid $.01, free shipping and coming from Hong Kong? If it smells like sh!t.......

If you're looking to save money on a GPS, just pony up and get a REAL reciever (used) off of ebay, I paid $220 for my Garmin Street Pilot C320 a few months ago and it's awesome. Plus, all the accessories I need are widely available on ebay as well.

Stay away from gimmicks like that, it reminds me of those "15 h.p. performance chips" they love to sell on ebay for our Pathys!...just my $.02 :tongue:

Actually, if you do have a Bluetooth ready PDA, they work quite well. I have a PalmOne Treo 650. It's my phone, PDA, and GPS....not to mention video playback, Nintendo Emulator, photo camera, video camera (neither are terribly spectacular). I use it all the time with TomTom Navigator software and I've never had an issue with it's accuracy, or it's features, other than to say I wish there were some Topo maps available.

I've got a TomTom One... Its my clock, my speedometer, and tells me where I'm going! Its great to get around traffic jams, etc. Since I have TomTom Plus I get traffic, weather, speed trap cameras, etc on mine. Now all I need is it to tell me where the cheapest gas station is and I'll be set.

• 2 weeks later...