1992 Pathfinder Lost Engine Power

I went to the north rim in my pathfinder this weekend leaving from st. george, Utah

stopped in kanab, Utah to top off tank at shell 6.9 gals drove 23 miles towards North rim and my truck

lost all power. thought it might be the trans at first but, when I shift to neutral (automatic) the truck would hardly

idle it was not poping or missing it just sounded like it was starving for fuel or low spark?

the timing belt was replaced less then a thousand miles ago could the belt some how have jumped?

when i put the truck into drive it shakes and strugles to move.

This truck has had no engines problems since I bought it last year

noticed in december 06 the left Exaust manifold is noisey until warmed up (nissan defect)

can the oxy sensor make the truck run this way

I checked the Oil and it was to the level and clean

I checked the gas line after the fuel filter and there was gas

check the radiator (after cooled off) and it was to the top still

no leaks,nothing seemed to be out of place?

does anyone know what this is or could be?

New trans was installed 8,000 miles ago

new fuel filer and oil change 500 miles ago

New water pump and timing belt 1,500 miles ago

No leaks from Pathfinder

THe belt could very well have jumped had the tension not been set correctly. A couple of other things to check though....

Try disconnecting the connection to your MAF sensor. If it does not change how the truck is running, then it's most likely the connection to your MAF that is messed up. It's pretty common on the WD21 Pathfinders. When it happens to me, I just wiggle the wires a bit, and it stops acting funny.

Also, is there a check engine light? If so, run the codes, to give you an idea where to look.

when I shift to neutral (automatic) the truck would hardly

idle it was not poping or missing it just sounded like it was starving for fuel or low spark?

the timing belt was replaced less then a thousand miles ago could the belt some how have jumped?

when i put the truck into drive it shakes and strugles to move.

water in fuel?

moisture in distributor or in/around plugs?

No need to bother! The belt being off by 2 teeth will do everything you described. Get it reset and make sure the tensioner is properly adjusted (and then properly torqued so it stays there) and you should be golden (and VERY lucky!).

My experience is that valves don't start tapping pistons until the belt is three teeth off. After that, damage begins.

Dude, I think that this is the same problem that you are having here:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14586.

One thing I would mention to check as well is the connection to the MAF sensor. It has been a culprit for many pathy owners on the board. Sometimes my pathy for no reason what so ever would idle very low and sound likes it wants to shut off, kind of like a lawn mower too. I press down on the harness and it idles back to normal.