Dash Fixin'

El Pathfindero

Ok Ok, I know its a touchy deal, but the dash on El P has gotten its first crack, its only like 3/4 of an inch, but i want to stop it now!

My instructors have told me its a lost cause, but I know there has to be a way, someone help me out here!

the end result wont matter because the whole dash is getting painted soon anyway, just want it to look smooth, and stop spreading.

and the dash on Graveyard is shot, but i'd like to try to fix it for better resale value

If you plan to refinish the dash, then it doesn't really matter what you use; body filler, 5min epoxy, etc. If you want a quick fix to sell it, just buy one of the kits they sell at the parts store for vinyl repair.

Ebay Motors. Do a search for "Pathfinder dash cap". You'll get a few sellers. I used the Dupli-color plastic paint on it which matched my interior perfectly.

How do they look when installed?

Not too bad. I could've done a better job, but I was hung over that Sunday.

If you take your time it'll look great. Its a perfect mold of your dash, complete with grained texture. Once you trim and test fit it all you have to do is paint it to match, clean your dash, spread the adhesive they give you around the edges and stick it. You'll need to come up with a good way to hold it down overnight, though. I used painter's tape, rolled up towels and pre-cut lengths of 1/2" PVC pipe wedged from the roof to behind the defroster vents to brace it in place while the adhesive cured. I can tell its a cap because I'm anal like that, but no one else has.