Replacing Bent Valves

DanCamm

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Didn't go to well. Got everything back together, and have a leak somewhere. Getting white smoke from the exhaust, so I'm not sure if one of the heads didnt seal properly or if one may be cracked. Honestly, I've given up for now. I bought another vehicle. Not sure if I'm gonna revisit this thing or if I'm just gonna send it down the road. Thanks for everyone's help.

That would be AFTER our incredibly valuable learning experience. :blink:

And please, you forgot to mention we broke the cam AND the pulley. Give credit where credit is due, dammit!

It's good to know that this could happen to any one...i made that mistake my self and i took me a month to find the parts with out spending some crazy coin...

BTW are the piston flat? B/C mine have little dent that look like it could be from when the valves and pistons kissing?

Edited by PATHY90

It's good to know that this could happen to any one...i made that mistake my self and i took me a month to find the parts with out spending some crazy coin...

BTW are the piston flat? B/C mine have little dent that look like it could be from when the valves and pistons kissing?

Yep. It does.

The pistons on the '87 did have crescent shaped valve reliefs cut into their domes.