Time For Heavy Upgrades

SaKaNa

dsc01225bs6.jpg

Monday at 8:45 I'm dropping all that and my Pathy off at my mechanic, then walking two blocks to where I am now (work), then they're going to work on it all day, then by the time I'm done at work at 5, it'll be done!

OK OK OK. Here the pics are. I ran into a few problems. Lift installation went perfect. Cost $255 for installing the front, $200 for the back. Yea I know its alot, but I'd rather have it done in a couple hours, and done RIGHT than me try doing it and $#&% it up completely. So interesting story, I had been having some issues getting my engine to start lately, so I leave my mechanic's lot, drive home... Go to start my engine again later -- starter was completely dead. Cost me $300-some for a new one with installation and a lifetime warranty, but its a million times better now.

Slowly becoming the ugly beast that could....

Anyway, to the pics:

Pre-lift

DSC01237.JPG

Post lift

dsc01246td6.jpg

dsc01247ev3.jpg

Getting a bit better every day. I also replaced a smashed bumper corner and bumper, AND corner light, and mounted two more lights on my brush guard. The official test is this weekend... We'll see how it goes.

Oh, and nissandoms: I dont wanna hear it :tonguefinger:

I had mine done at a shop for the same reasons, but honestly, $200 for the rear!?!?!?! When I replaced the lift springs and shocks a year after they were originally installed, it took me 30 minutes in the driveway. Then I replaced the spring again a third time in another 30 minutes. If you do it again, I suggest doing it yourself, it couldn't be much easier. But, all that aside, it looks great :aok:

I have almost no tools, and very limited knowledge of how this stuff works, so this is a learning process here, but I didnt want to learn about what happens when shocks, struts, etc decide to come off when you're on a highway, so I felt it was better for my mechanic to do it.

And yea, $200 front, $250 rear. Its a guy who seems to have unbeatable prices on everything, I didnt know if $450 was alot, but whatever -- sand in the wind man.

Yea. I see no reason to spend $100 on a lightbar that does the exact same thing, so I figured I'd give it a try, I went out and got a pile of the cheapest lights I could find (in case it didnt work), drilled 4 holes, bolted right in, and since it really made it look better I just left em there. Theyre wired into the stock fog light switch. I'm pretty good at coming up with mods without wasting alotta cash on em, gives you more money for the important things like a lift ;)