First Post!...with A Problem

95xe_sorc

Hey! im new here and really like the place!

Im having a problem with my 95 xe, I was driving down the highway and out of no where

the right side headlight went out along with the stock fog lights....i check the wiring and

nothing was wrong visibly with anything...any ideas?

Thanks!

i believe that the fog lights draw power from the RH headlight positive wire...and i know theres a fusable link for the fogs...its quite possible that that line came disconnected or chaffed thru somewhere...

but i would suspect that the RH head light blew and caused a sudden spike in amps across the fogs and blew the fog inline fuse...check the bulb and that fuse and see if thats the case i reckon?

^ do u have DRLs? i'm assuming so or it just wouldnt make sense...i dont know the wiring but it may be that there is a different relay for the switch and the DRLs and u have a bad wire somewhere..but i dont have the wiring diagram up and could just be off base completely

The fog lights on the older models draw their current from the RH headlight, as mine sometimes go out and I found that by reaching down to the wiring behind the headlight and move things around, POOF! they come back on.....so obviously I have semi-loose connection but oh well, they have stayed on for over a year now (whenever I turn the headlights on) so I just leave it be.