Who had to use strut spacers on their lift?

Trancebear

Who had to use strut spacers on their specific lift?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who had to use strut spacers on their specific lift?

• Used A/C lift and did NOT use spacers to level out
    • Used A/C lift and did use spacers to level out
    • Used OME lift and did NOT use spacers to level out
    • Used OME lift and did use spacers to level out

I have done weeks worth of research on lifting my 2003 and it is not clear from the posts who had to use strut spacers to level out their lift. I think it would be a lot easier to have a single thread for this issue. I do not want to buy spacers with my springs if I don't have to. I appreciate the help and be assured that I have searched all relevant posts about this issue and it is hard to filter through all the social commentary to get a direct answer. Thanks!

I will be installing the A/C lift this week I will let you know if it does need spacers. Nissandoms47 has on inch spacers in his and he has the A/C springs, with the kyb gr2 and some pro comps in the rear and it has a hotrod look to it.even with the spacer. :dance:

I do not doubt that I am crazy but, the stupid rig still sits like a potato digger. A lot taller for the bigger potato's but still low in front. The 140lb front bumper only dropped it an extra 1/8 inch. Guess I need to figure out how to do an 8" lift and be done with it.

I did the ome coils all around, with ome shocks in the back and Les Schwabb specials struts. I did a custom afro engineered 1" teflon spacer on top of the struts to level. I love the ome ride, no more trying to swap ends on washboard roads.

I have the AC lift and its low in the front, stock no extra weight. Your poll doesnt cover us that sit low have lift and didnt use spacers. so i voted for the first one. Curious note though: I measured my wheel well openings before lift and after lift and the truck went up exactly 3 inches all around from its sagged position before the lift. so its downward slope was there before the lift. It wasnt caused by the lift springs.

I have the AC lift and its low in the front, stock no extra weight. Your poll doesnt cover us that sit low have lift and didnt use spacers. so i voted for the first one. Curious note though: I measured my wheel well openings before lift and after lift and the truck went up exactly 3 inches all around from its sagged position before the lift. so its downward slope was there before the lift. It wasnt caused by the lift springs.

Because I figured that anybody who lifted and sat low in the front, they would install the spacers.

Nissans prefer to sit a little bit nose down. They handle best when they've got 2-4 degrees of positive rake (ass high). The alignment stays better when it's raked down. The truck holds the road better.

I highly recommend, for the longevity, and safety of the vehicle, keep it a little nose down...