The almighty pathy

meangreenmachine

Finally got my s.l. done and some new rims and tires. Thanks to all who helped :beer: So a couple of friends wanted to go out and see what I could do. It was sat night (3/31) and here in northeast Iowa it had been raining pretty hard for 2 days. Every one was giving me lip that the pathy wouldn't be able to keep up so they let me go first. One guy was driving a v8 dakota with a 6" s.l. and the other a toyota 4 banger both really nice looking trucks. Started making my run and didn't look back. Got to the end turned around and saw my buddies headlights............waited they didn't move.......................waited they didn't move.......................waited they didn't move, finally i walked down to see what the problem was and the toyota had stalled and the dakota drove in right behind him with no where to go. Helped push the toyota out but there was no hope for the dodge. Toyota turned around and b-lined it for the exit (only one way in and out) almost made it, got stuck again. Helpless :laugh: But now Ive got 2 trucks in my way to get out. Im the only one not stuck but im stuck :angry: Drank a few and watched the other guys try to push the toyota out. No luck. So I planned my escape. made my run back through while weaving through the two trucks. Pulled the toyota out. Went back the next morn and pulled the dakota out.

Video Link

The dodge wouldn't go anywhere but the pathy pulled it out with the greatest of ease. Boy its amazing how less cocky my buddies are all of a sudden. B)

**EDIT: Fixed the vid link :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

Need to find you that Pic of our Dodge Dakota here in Spokane to share with him... From the looks of it, he has a Body Lift and his running gear is still Dragging.... :contract:

LOL, and they didn't think you couldn't keep up?? :rolleyes:

Stuck in that little patch of goo? :rolleyes:

Did they ever hear of 'off road' tires or maybe weighting down the back of an empty truck? :rolleyes:

Soo many things to :rolleyes: about.

Glad you had fun and were able to prove your worth. :beer:

B

-bounce- pathyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ppooooooower!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Power? :laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

Even scrappy would giggle at that......we have no power, yet can constantly drag vehicles out of embarassing situations....gotta love it! :)

Yeah my VG33 is slow in traffic, but the tides always turn in snow or mud. VG33 at wide open throttle, screaming at 6k rpm, snow flying from all 4 tires, always makes it anywhere.

The WD21's 3.0 put out about 150 hp stock and not much more with mods (other than engine). The key here is gearing; we pay for it with the milage, but the low gearing makes them more useful off road.

Very rarely have I seen the situation that wide open is better than chugging along, and then there is finess. ;)

B

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend every one went out in the mud to play again. Made some awesome new trails. But alas I had to pull the dodge out 2 more times. He let his friends wife drive it while I was watching her nuetral drop numerous times I noticed that although the rpms were about pegged the wheels were barely moving. Well now I am helping rebuild his trans. gotta get him going and give him the chance to redeem himself