Dog lovers

canucklehead

Starting in '93 when I moved to New Mexico, I got involved in Search and Rescue, specifically the training and use of dogs for both air-scent and tracking. There was an interesting fine line between training the dogs to be obedient and letting them think for themselves. An example is that the dog must come to the handler when it's called.... unless it's on scent. In that case, it should ignore (but alert) the handler and continue on it's path. I also did some training with the Border Patrol and their K9 units and the state police and learned how to handle a dog attack (from a different dog) while on a mission. It only happened once while I was out there and I had to intervene when a Great Dane/St Bernard mix attacked my Golden while we were training in the desert near a not-so-nice neighborhood. I only got bit once in the scuffle but I ended up with the dog in a body and headlock such that it couldn't do anything but struggle and whimper until the owner showed up. I had no intention of hurting the dog but mine took the opportunity to get in a couple last minute chomps at it's underbelly while I held it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey canucklehead, you a big canucks fan eh??? are you from vancouver area??

Almost hate to admit it, but yeah. But going for Calgary now...

Vancouver area, yes. Cloverdale to be exact. Home of the Cloverdale Rodeo. This weekend! Yeehaw!!

88', can't tell if that guy is mad and throwing the dog or pissed off because the dog is just flying in the air. either way, funny!!

Almost hate to admit it, but yeah. But going for Calgary now...

Vancouver area, yes. Cloverdale to be exact. Home of the Cloverdale Rodeo. This weekend! Yeehaw!!

yeehaw's right!! be free to admit you're a canucks fan man!!!! one of these years they'll get their stuff together and win a cup. but, i'm glad calgary's in the final and hope they win, at least we could say we lost to the champions. for now though, www.flamesgirls.com (it's adult stuff)

88 that picture has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. :laugh:

I have a 3 y/o Golden Retreiver (no picture though) and in my opinion one of the best and most beautiful breeds of dogs. I don't car to much for cats but my g/f and I are thinking of getting a kitten because some cats are cool and kittens are cute.

• 2 weeks later...