New Floor...kinda

SteeevO

So i have my carpet ripped out computer relocated, wires all rewrapped in electrical tape (went through 2 1/2 rolls) and the floor is washed out.. i was able to bring in the hose!!. i have dynamat onmy floor but i want to roll in durabak. they have rolled it ontop of durabak on Trucks! on Spike TV but i don't know about doing that to mine.. i want to but i'd hate for it to come out like crap. so i want your ideas/suggestions and also what should i do with the wires? run them inside the rocker panels to get them out of the way? lay dynamat over them or keep them in the stock place under thos plasic guard things?

a thought that did cross my mind was to rivet sheet metal to the floor ontp of the dynamat and then roll that with durabak so i would have a more flat-ish floor so i don't have to deal with the lumps and ripples the factory puts in there.

Thanks!!

I would think a thick layer(1/4"-3/8" maybe) of durabak, or any other rubber infused bedliner type coating would work as well as a thin layer with dynomat type material under it. :shrug:

I just got some prop plate alloy cut out as floor matts. I think they look good. I didn't want to post pics untill my dash was done but I might so you can see what they look like.

damn....a 1/4 inch thick is gonna get heavy.....

-thnkboutit- Well, with dynomat (about 1/8" thick) and a good layer of "bedliner" (about 1/8" thick at the thickest) it would be the same amount of material on there.

Is it free floating or attached, if so how? Thought about doing something similar in mine when I first ripped the carpet out, but didn't want it vibrating on the actual floorpan, or leaving voids for crap under them.

I might put some foam tape on the ridges to stop the rattles. At the moment they are just sitting there, but I will either bolt them down or rivet them. I may even seal them in place so crap doesn't get in the void. This is no limo

:lol:

Edited by TerranoNZ