Buying new suspension finally

Pathfinder-jay

Well guys its been awhile and after all the upsets ive had.... i was able to save up for my suspension lift :) im just debating between 2 kits on 4x4parts.com

1)Pathfinder Deluxe Suspension Package With RS9000X Shocks

$875.00

OR

2)Pathfinder Deluxe Suspension Package With Bilstein Shocks

$795.00

Please let me know what you guys think about these two kits... maybe some personal experiences. Also if you have any pointers on other peices i should be purchasing to go along with this kit please let me know!

Thanks guys

Jay

P.S. i miss posting around here :(

i'm getting my rough country uca's for my 91 from 4wheelingplus.com. they cost $225.00. a little higher than calling direct and ordering from rough country but the guy is local. his web site says no tax so that may be why they are a little higher in price than rough country offers.

Edited by aries247

Jay,

I think I posted the exact same thing about 3 months ago. I ended up with neither due to all the helpful people around here.

I ended up with JGC rear coils, Rough Country UCA's up front, Pro Comp ES9000 shocks, and it cost me a fraction of what the lowest kit from A/C would have run me.

These guys saved me some SERIOUS money and got me pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Just so the newer members know, Jay has heard every bit of this numerous times... he asks then dissapears for a while then comes back and asks again etc :shrug:

Jay, what one do you really want? Are you going to be ordering soon?

Well guys I disappear alot because when i was 17... when I first joined these forums I ran a webhosting, gameserver, dedicated server, web design and other hosting solution business....it has escalated into my career now. On my spare time ive been in the garage with a friend and hes been teaching me everything about my truck and how to fix it....been alot of fun. I left for awhile as well cause i felt my maturity/age was not appropriate to the forums at the time and that I just kept getting myself into trouble...

I want a suspension kit that will last me awhile.... I have a budget of $1000 (with shipping etc) so I know its been said on the forums alot and that I have asked but I want to know peoples opinions today... considering its been probably close to a year since I last asked and that means an extra year of stress on all your guys' suspension...so now i might get some good info on which ones to get....

Now I heard about these JGC... is there any modifying I have to do for these? Also can i purchase these coils new somewhere.... id like all new parts if possible... What other parts do I need or you guys recommend... Ive read alot of posts/other forums aswell and I mean everyone has an opinion but im asking NPORA theirs cause I respect it alot more then any other forums. So please inform me on what I need to do to get this working and what other parts you guys recommend changing aswell when doing this to delay future issues.

THANK you very much and it is much appreciated to see people still responding to my posts ;)

Jay

you should be able to find the coils new from a jeep dealership. It will be the most expensive place to buy them. If you can find them in the junkyard, that will the cheapest place. They only modifying you need to do is cut the last 3/4 of the top coil off with a grinder and cutting disc, or you can heat it up with a torch and bend it into shape. 88pathoffroad has a sticky in the garage tech section about this. you will probably wan to get some new isolators that fit on top of the coil in between the spring seat on the underside of the body. If you search for my name and lift kit, you will find the thread I started about my lift kit. There is a better explanation of the coil spring isolators in there.

Hey guys... thanks for the advice... I read your thread about the insulators.... But I mean im looking around at threads on the forums etc... and im confused... some people like AC and others hate them... im guessing their products are massed produced leaving alot of room for errors...which is why some get good ones and some get bad ones??

Im from canada and ive done a lot of calling and all the local 4x4 shops (2) dont carry anything for the pathfinder and to order the pieces would cost an arm and a leg. I basically just need some guidance on what to buy for the lift... extra components I should change to keep my truck in top shape and also where to go to buy these items via your experiences in purchasing from online 4x4 stores.

Thanks

Jay

P.S. Thanks for all the advice guys! And also for those who know me I have researched the forums... im just asking for new opinions :P

i troll the classified ads on the message boards for most of my parts. It's pretty rare that I buy anything brand new from and online store

ok. i did the JGC coils with the Rough Country UCAs and have been very pleased thus far. its been a little over a year now since i have put the coils in and they have sagged quite a bit....nearly an inch. sooooo, i know i loaded my pathfinder down a lot over last summer, camping and what not, but if you want it to be the best/easiest for you, get some lift coils and some rough country UCAs...its what i would do if i were to do it again.

so, this is what you need to do. Get the RC UCAs either online, like others have stated, or call them directly. Then, you can get shocks locally, just see if they can order shocks that are 3 inches longer. if no, look at www.4wheelparts.com and they usually have deals with shocks that include a steering stabilizer. Then order your lift springs from whatever company you wish, be it AC, Calmini (crapmini).

then install these crank your stock Tbars, and ride like that for a while, then if you have a lot of sagging in the front end, then worry about purchasing them later

this is what has been said in the past, we are not going to have new opinions on the same lift kits that have been out for our trucks for years.

Alright guys... so from my research now....

The AC kit=waste of money

So im guessing my best bet is to...:

1)Jeep Coils --> Which year? Model etc... I dont want to get the wrong ones... and if someone could link me to some info on what I need to do to make these work....

-What other parts do I need to buy when replacing the rear coils...

-Also do these coils last as long as the ones ment for the pathy....?

2)Rough Country UCA's ---> Anyone have a canadian Contact for these?If so please share the info...

3)I want to get billstein Shocks for the front and back .... any recommendations... even if billstein is not your choice let me know the pros/cons

-Anything I need to order seperate to complete this? Also any known places I can order these for a good price... canada if possibel?

4)I heard I need new ball bearings... joints etc... Please inform me on what exactly if you guys dont mind....

5)I want new torsion bars aswell... and to replace any peice that could cause further strain and lead to failures.....

Also now im looking at a 3 inch body lift... How hard is it to install this? Also whats the easiest way to install this lift? Any additional parts I need as far as gas lines... oil lines... what do I nee to do to complete a 3 inch body and 3 inch suspension... Also does this look good with 31's... if anyone has a pic please attach im curious.... I cant afford the 33's just yet

Thanks

Jay

P.S. if anyone needs free hosting for images etc let me know!

jay. even though everyone says dont do it. just order the AC kit. that way u will get everything you need, you will quit bothering us and telling us that you really researched but in fact you really didnt. if you actually did search, you would find 88s write up on the JGC coils among the thousands of other posts about lifting your pathfinder......

and if you would have maybe read what i had posted...i stated that my JGC coils did sag and it has been almost a year. (i bought them new)

Edited by sammyb33

I read the write ups... i was just seeing what other people had... ya know to continue my knowledge for this upgrade... I like to discuss stuff that im about to spend alot of $$$ on.. I hope thats ok concidering this is a forums and all....

Anyhow guys let me know what you think.

And thanks for the advice sammy... but theres no need to post if you dont want to post..

I checked out all the forums and read a bunch but maybe someone had the newest deals... or knows of some good contacts not mentioned in older posts... some numbers i called didnt exist anymore for the RC's or the deals were no more.... Im sorry for the questions

Jay :shrug:

Hey guys ive been researching other products.... what do you guys think of the billstein steering stabalizer... through my reading i found out that the steering on the pathy is weak and takes a beating when lifting.....

STABALIZEr

Also found this product...

alignment

Let me know what you think guys

Jay

Edited by Pathfinder-jay

Well, maybe if you actually paid attention when you asked these exact same questions, or used the search feature at all, the last time you were here, everyone wouldn't be so annoyed with you.

Please, for your sake, and the sake of everyone else here, go back and re-read all of your old threads, there's a lot of good information in there, and most of the questions that you're asking now, are already answered there. And if they're not in your threads, they've definitely been answered before on the forums..There is a neat little tool called Search that is very handy for finding information. Give it a whirl, you might just be amazed! :D