Another Newbie from Tennessee

Guest ewolf

Guest ewolf

Hi! I bought my '94 over Xmas break. I love it already. It's great to find an online forum for the Pathfinder. My last two vehicles were a '74 VW Bus and a '86 Porsche 911. Both those vehicles have a strong online community and it was immensely helpful.

Are there any decent mail-order aftermarket parts vendors? One of the great things about the 911 and the Bus is that you can get great prices on pretty much anything online (never have to visit the dealer). Anything like Pelican Parts (porsche) or Bus Depot (vw bus) for the Pathfinder? I see lots of places selling for the foreskin runner...

Also, it's probably my karma, but my VW bus had almost no rust, however, my Pathfinder is thoroughly coated underneath in the backend. even the engine compartment has rust bubbles. The exterior still looks perfect but there are lots and lots of flakes coming off the frame. Should be worried about this? I figured I'd do what the bus folks did and grind it down to the shiny metal and cover with POR-15.

-Eric Wolf

P.S. I'd post a picture of my truck, but I probably don't need to. It's a stock beige '94 XE. Looks like all the others.

welcome

might be a good idea to get on to that rust. definitely grind it all off, then re seal

for resealing have you heard of a product call 'carbomastic'?? however it might be a little heavy duty for your purposes, but hay when talking about rust prevention & body preperation why not go all out.

anyways

:beer:

Your parts options for Pathy's are pretty limited:

AC/Automotive Customizers/4x4parts.com :furious:

Ebay

Your favorite local junkyard (if you can find a Pathfinder there, that is a bit of a challenge in itself)

Happy hunting.