Best audio

Firex18

I've been trying to exploit my 95 xe and I've read some intersting hurdles on trying to upgrade the audio system. All I want to do is add 50w mosfet stereo and 100+rms watts min amp, w/ 300watt 5X7s'. What's the best component speaker system for the front that can handle such amps and be able to fade in the rear w/o/ having to go ape excrement and re-do all the wiring.If I have to, well alright, I've always enjoyed a chalenge, but I'll still need some type of wiring diagram if availble. Thanks :beer:

If audio bahn was crap, they wouldn't be winning competitions all over the world....they just aren't as well known as some others yet...yes, audiobahn sells their lower level @!*% speakers, but you get what you pay for...imo. Now I've seen Fosgate, JVC, and Kickers blow the windshield wipers off of cars, but most of those "types" are way out of my budget, and also pretty much un called for. I've also watched guys blow away the competition with audiobahns....it all depends on which ones you get and how you hook them up. I've seen alpines do ok and have seen them crap....I think I ran Alpines back in 1993-94....needed something newer. ;):D

Edited by govols74n

I am Running a Sony CDX-FW700 Head unit, with Infinity References in the Front and Rear (6.5 and 5x7 i think in the rear), a 12" Rockford P1 Sub in a ported box and last but not least a Rockford P2002 Amp for the sub at 810 max watts, 270 RMS watts (bridged) and 84 rms watts per channel. I installed it all myself, and it ended up costing me about 600 bucks for the lot of it. I went for a full concert type sound. Clear,full and precise sound. No ear blowing bullcrap, though if I want to, I can turn up the sub, then things get a lil loud! xD

OH and don't forget the Dynamat. That suff made the pathy SOOOO much quieter!

Edited by Extreme90path

I've been trying to exploit my 95 xe and I've read some intersting hurdles on trying to upgrade the audio system. All I want to do is add 50w mosfet stereo and 100+rms watts min amp, w/ 300watt 5X7s'. What's the best component speaker system for the front that can handle such amps and be able to fade in the rear w/o/ having to go ape excrement and re-do all the wiring.If I have to, well alright, I've always enjoyed a chalenge, but I'll still need some type of wiring diagram if availble. Thanks :beer:

If you are talking about just fading to the rear speakers to avoid distortion instead of using cross-overs, just look at the watts and ohms that you want probably 4....if you are doing it that way, just use a mono amp to power your subs...or are you trying to put power to the highs? For something as small as what tou want, just talk to someone at Best Buy, or a car audio place....then go find what's recommended on Ebay....

If audio bahn was crap, they wouldn't be winning competitions all over the world....they just aren't as well known as some others yet...yes, audiobahn sells their lower level @!*% speakers, but you get what you pay for...imo. Now I've seen Fosgate, JVC, and Kickers blow the windshield wipers off of cars, but most of those "types" are way out of my budget, and also pretty much un called for. I've also watched guys blow away the competition with audiobahns....it all depends on which ones you get and how you hook them up. I've seen alpines do ok and have seen them crap....I think I ran Alpines back in 1993-94....needed something newer. ;):D

just cause somthing can get loud for 20 seconds doesnt mean its good... all im saying is theres it much better chit out there for the price.

they dont call it audiocrap for no reason... sssh

and they are well know, just not for good reasons.

I would agree with you 88 if I was the only person that though this. but im not. I may be the only person on this board that thinks this, but how many serious audio guys are there on this site?

I am more of an audio freak then most on this board and I do take this stuff seriously. for the average person that just wants some sound, nothing wrong with audiobahn. but for someone that has an ear for this stuff, I cant and dont consider audiobahn to be anywhere near par.

Edited by 89_trailboss

Alpine is a good brand, I wouldn't consider it "high end" audio though. Everyone has their favorite brands and own opinions on what's good and whats good enough, it really depends on how much cash you want to drop on a system, and how loud you want to crank it before it will distort.

Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten) is my choice.

Bottom line, go to a reputable audio shop, not circuit city/best buy/audio express, and listen to some speakers, or find someone you know that has a system you like. It's all personal preferance, just buy what you like.

Alpine is a good brand, I wouldn't consider it "high end" audio though. Everyone has their favorite brands and own opinions on what's good and whats good enough, it really depends on how much cash you want to drop on a system, and how loud you want to crank it before it will distort.

Eclipse (Fujitsu Ten) is my choice.

Bottom line, go to a reputable audio shop, not circuit city/best buy/audio express, and listen to some speakers, or find someone you know that has a system you like. It's all personal preferance, just buy what you like.

Hit the nail on the head... :)