pathy wont start

88pathylove

have u checked the normals...fuel and spark? fuel pump prime up when you his i think its pos 3 on the ignition? should hear a hissing sound from the back...

mileage and last timing belt change? i'm assuming the engine is turning over but not doing anything at all

hmm...2 ways to check that really quick...pull the dist cover and have some1 turn the truck over...if the rotor doesnt turn the belt is not on teh pullies anymore...or pull the top cover i think its like 5 or 6 10mm bolts and see if the belt is there and/or has tension...

Edited by unccpathfinder

k...well then maybe the injector is gummed up or something? b/c 25 F shouldnt be anywhere near cold enough to gel fuel...i know it was like 19 here the other day and i didnt have a problem...and my 87 when it was still TBI never gave me a lick of trouble when it was cold

well i couldn't figure it out so its in the shop and hopefully tomorrow we will get to see what it was. i tried pulling codes but its to cold to be out there for more then 30 min. thanks anyways unccpathfinder, but im just stumped and i dont have a shop(freezing) so ill just have to pay. :wacko:

well i couldn't figure it out so its in the shop and hopefully tomorrow we will get to see what it was. i tried pulling codes but its to cold to be out there for more then 30 min. thanks anyways unccpathfinder, but im just stumped and i dont have a shop(freezing) so ill just have to pay. :wacko:

30min?!?! You could have checked for codes in like 3 min. Hope they don't get you for too much at the shop... :huh:

Although possible, I have found it far easier to just remove the four bolts and pull the seat. they have a plastic cover (protector?) over the ECU that makes everything more difficult :shrug:

Edited by RedPath88

they want 270 for it, worth it?

No, it's not... the "highest" priced one on partsamerica.com is only $73. And you could get a coil and wires for less than that!

Oh, and they are easy to change.

Take UUCC's coil and that could drop the cost down as much as $53, depending on what one he has :aok: