33's

Jdpathy

Well a guy that I know is going to give me 33 x 12.50 x r15 tires presently I am running P235 75 r15. Will I need to change my rims and get different rims, and what backspacing will I need, What is it, and how do I do it? :blink: :contract:

are you currently stock? or do you have some lift? otherwise i would worry about being able to fit those tires. i believe you should get some 15x8s with about 4 inch backspacing to fit those on a lifted pathfinder and even then you are going to have to do some trimming....

you only need a 3" BL to run 33's. I did it for a while and wheeled it with no rub. I did have trimming done, but none of it was to to back of my front fenders. the only reason I trimmed was b/c of rust. heres a pic and as you can see, you NEED a body lift to run 33's. you will be much better off running a BL with 33's then a suspension lift. this is with a 3+3

front tire looks super close, , but I had about 1/8" at this stuff at full lock:

2200841_80_full.jpg

heres one of the rear tire:

2200841_75_full.jpg

Presently I am stock height. I have been thinking about a 3 + 3, but I think it is too pricey for me. about what does it usually cost? I was just thinking I would crank my t bars and put some better coils in the back. How come I can't run it on the stock rims?

With the stock backspacing with the 12.5 wide tire will rub the frame where the tension rod connects real bad. Also they are a tad narrow for the tire width but doable buy some shops. I would do a body lift to clear them. I had a 3in suspension lift with tons of trimming and cleared the front fine but the rear still rubbed like crazy.

it will ride differently. but lots of people do the 3+3 setup with no ill effects.

u may feel a huge difference, but that is normal, since you just did a huge modification to your rig....

it will ride differently. but lots of people do the 3+3 setup with no ill effects.

u may feel a huge difference, but that is normal, since you just did a huge modification to your rig....

yup. he's right. i have 1 pathy with just the JGCC install on 31's. and then the big guy who has 4 + 3 on 33's..... tho i broke the rear sway bar a few weeks ago, he still drives nicely but i just can't drive him around corners like i do mini me.... but he's good.

put some heavy springs in the rear. I have ford coils right now and it rides soooooo nice now. I use to be able to bottom out my stock springs and the body roll was pretty crazy(cops have stopped me for it). now with the ford coils it almost feels like I have my swaybars back on. and it flexs fine still. I have my coils clamped onto my upper bucket cause there too short but I can still compress them all the way.

You want to get a rim that is 15x8 (x8 unless you plan on a 9 or 10in wide rim) with a backspacing of 4.xx (whatever you decide on) they are not "called" anything special.

The backspacing is an additional spec of a wheel, but not one commonly refered to in the wheels size.

If you bought a 15 x 12.5 in rim then the rim itself would be 12.5in's wide and would be to wide for a 12.5in wide tire. The backspacing does not make the rim wider, it simply designates where in the rims width the mating/mounting surface is located.

Edited by RedPath88

Ok here is a list of the modification that I am going to order that I have compiled from different posts.

3" AC Body Lift

3" AC Upper Control Arms

Pro-Comp (I wasn't able to find what number I need), but I want ones with about 27 inch extended length. Just two of them cause I can use the stockers for the front I think

33 x 12.50 x 15 MTR's

15 x 8 with 4" backspacing Steel Wheels

L&P Steering Stage 2

and I think that that is it

Does that all look correct?

I got 170,000 on mine and I just put on 33's and it has not messed anything up too bad. The Auto trannies are already not so hot and 33's just add to it a little. I would never go smaller than a 33 now that I have them.

king has been on 33's for over 6 years....... and has 200,230 :P and he has plenty of giddyup. (autotrgic trans)

Since you are listing the shocks separate I am going to assume that the "3" AC Upper Control Arms" are simply that... just the UCA's.

You are going to need either spacers or replacement springs in the rear for lift back there.

I would suggest that you save yourself some money and go with RC UCA's... then use the money saved on a set of springs for the rear... from a wrecking yard Jeep Grand Cherokee, new Jeep springs from a parts store or Pathy specific lift springs.

Oh and if you really were referring to only the UCA's you might consider dropping the 3in from the description... it's not needed and nobody really describes them as that ;)

Since you are listing the shocks separate I am going to assume that the "3" AC Upper Control Arms" are simply that... just the UCA's.

You are going to need either spacers or replacement springs in the rear for lift back there.

I would suggest that you save yourself some money and go with RC UCA's... then use the money saved on a set of springs for the rear... from a wrecking yard Jeep Grand Cherokee, new Jeep springs from a parts store or Pathy specific lift springs.

Oh and if you really were referring to only the UCA's you might consider dropping the 3in from the description... it's not needed and nobody really describes them as that ;)

I am going to get free shock absorbers from somebody, (just need to find out the correct size), and I am going to find some coils out of a junk yard, I was just getting the

AC Upper control arms cause I thought that they offered 3 " of lift with appropriate travel left over up and down.

Rough country only claims a 1.5-2 inch lift compared to calminis at 3

That's just suggestion. Lots of people are running them around 3" It's just to keep the suspension travel closer to center, so you have both up, and downtravel with a modest lift.

I am starting to under stand, do JGC equal Jeep grand cheerokee?

And I don't understand what you mean by the last statement.

I know this has been discussed, but since I already have a post here I want to make sure it is ironed out,

With the Shocks on the front, I think that since they connect to the LCA shouldn't I also get longer shocks for that?