sos light on and feels like misfire

shortysmash

i saw a thread a while back but couldnt find it again. anyway every few starts i get the sos light ( especially when its cold) and theres a rough vibration like its misfiring but as soon as the engine warms up it goes away has anyone had this problem with their 01 pathy

Go to autozone, lay down your credit card so you can rent an "OBD2 scanner" for free (they give your card back when you return the machine.

Go to your car, plug it in under the dash, turn the key to ON and tell us what the scanner tells you.

ok i got the codes read and this is what i got

P0305 misfire on cylinder 5

then a P1320

but the misfire doesnt do it al the time its just a for a little bit. i bought new spark plug for that cylinder but havent put it in yet. after i get it in then we will see any suggestions or has anyone had this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

ok like i said i got those 2 codes. well i replaced the spark plug and that didnt fix it. every now and then the ses light will flash and thats when i can feel the misfire and real bad engine performance. but other times the light just stays on and everything runs fine. has anyone else had this problem. one of the only other things that i could think that it could be is the coil for that cylinder. can anyone please help.