Topping out bigtime

GrnMchn

I just put the AC lift and a 1 1/8" (3 Rocky Road Spacers) spacer on. I have only driven it about a mile but even when I give it gas the front end clunks like the struts are topping out. Do these springs settle quickly cuz I don't want to mess up the struts? I know others have this combo and it works fine for them.

BTW with 32's on rockcrawlers it looks sick, I'll post pics in a couple days

Edited by GrnMchn

Thats a lot of space for the front end. Keep in mind, you want your pathy to sit a LITTLE front heavy instead of even. This results in better handling and overall its more stable. If you notice, all pathy's are a little front-low stock.

yeah just sas it... lol jk

but when i put my AC lift on about 2 weeks ago i put the 1 inch spacer on with it. i should have waited a bit to put the spacer on because my CVs bind when i was driving around, i had to buy hubs and a new cv because of it. (thank god for lifetime warrenty CVs) but now its settled a bit and i can now use 4x4 on snowy roads with out worrying about it. It'll settle a little bit more over the coming weeks/months.

I have the Warn hubs but I can see that the driver side CV boot has slipped about 1/4" of an inch because it was getting stretched. I will just drive it very gingerly and keep an eye on everything, I'm to lazy to take out the spacer and put it back in a couple weeks unless somethings starts to get fawked up. I won't be wheeling soon and when I do it will be pretty weak stuff (compared to wheeling my old SAS taco).

I took out 2 of the trip pack spacers and it's fine now!

Has nayone heard of using Porsche 930 CV's? I know Toyota people do it on Tacomas and 4runners. They are a little more expensive but stronger and can handle more angle.