transmission removal

hmrepairs

Hello, this is my first post here. Hope some of you can help with a silly question. I have just purchased my first pathy, a 1993 with an automatic transmission. I am in the process of removing the trans so I can rebuild it. Now being a Chevrolet man, I'm used to a removeable "belly pan" from which I can access the bolts holding the torque converter to the flex plate. Well, I don't see any "belly pan" on this Nissan. Can someone tell me how I access these bolts? Is it done through the starter hole? I'll be to this point in a couple of days, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys, and gals. This is a great site/forum.

HI there,

I noticed you posted this elsewhere -- we we'll keep the technical replies there, and the welcomes & info about you & your truck here!!

so... Welcome to NPORA!

Yep, through the starter hole... need about 2' of extension, also the 4 14mm bolts are LokTited in, so be careful :hide: You will also need to remove the little cover plate making the starter hole bigger to access the bolts.. Atleast I had to, for better access...

Welcome :beer:

• 2 weeks later...