On the subject of tune up's

Mr. Pickles

I searched the local shops (Schucks, etc.), and was quoted about $32 for the cap & $10 for the rotor. Ouch. Throw in a set of Bosch Platinum 2's and, with tax, it was around $75.

Then suprise, Napa beat them all by far. $19 for the cap, $6 for the rotor, out the door for jsut over $50. Still not sure if this was a "deal," but it beat the hell out of the other stores I tried.

What have the rest of you paid?

Last time I went to NAPA, I was trying to find a single outer tie rod for a Ford HD pickup. They wanted $98. Same exact part at Knecht's Auto Parts was $23. I don't like NAPA. For one, they rarely price the shelved items, so I'm always wondering how much stuff costs when I'm browsing, and for another they price things ludicrously at times. Like tow hooks. Pair of chrome 10K lb tow hooks at NAPA: $32. Pair of chrome 10k lb tow hooks at Harbor Freight: $7.

Yeah, I got my new distributor cap at Checker's... I found the cap on their site, PartsAmerica.com, for $20, but they wanted to charge me like $36 for it instore... no big deal, I told them it was cheaper on their site and they just asked me what the price was, didn't want a printout or anything, so that was nice.

Yup, see Checkers, Kragen, & Shucks are all parts of the same company. I never went to Napa before, but now they're 2 blocks down the street and Schucks & others are a couple miles away. They really aren't bad at all, at least from what I've seen.

Well, I should have gone there. I just figured they wouldn't carry it because they didn't have plug wires when I checked for the price. I should never doubt them! I was there twice Sat. Its dangerous to be right across from Home Depot. Did GI Joes, then across to Home Depot, then back to GI Joes. A guy's paradise.