abs and alarm question

97vapathy

i have searched but have not found much on this so heres my question. I sunk my truck today with water filling up to the bottom of the front seats. Got it out and it drives fine, everything works but my abs light is now on. Is there a way to turn that off? Also my alarm goes off on its own now. Does anyone have any info that could help? thanks

paul

If ABS is malfunctioning, it only means that the ABS is disabled, but the brakes still function normally. However, in an emergency stop, your tires may lock up, so you'll need to pump the brakes to maintain control.

If your door ajar light is on, it could be that one of the door switches is poorly grounded. Remove them, clean them up (WD-40 or silicone spray), and see if that helps.

Good point about the drivetrain parts. It'll be a good idea to change your front and rear diff fluid, t-case fluid, and transmission fluid. The breather lines for those parts may have been submerged and allowed water to enter.

Hey what did the tranny fluid end up looking like? Did you notice any water?

Yeah, he did sink his rig :lol:

Wheeling1210014.jpg

This was post recovery and the door was opened, I was too late getting one when the water came pouring out.

Wheeling1210016.jpg