Wine cabinet

mws

I just scored an incredible deal on a massive wine cabinet from a manufacturer that folded. If anyone else is in the market, I can probably get more...

Details:

All new. Mine is 81" tall, 51" wide, 28" deep (450+ bottles) with brand new chiller. The cabinet is insulated, oak with redwood racking. It came with only one door, but I got both glass inserts so I will make my own set of doors. They were retailing for $3900, I scored this "in process" unit for $600.

They weight close to 300 pounds and are huge, so shipping is not practical. But if you live within driving distance of the SF Bay Area in NoCal, score!

Edited by mws

I just scored an incredible deal on a massive wine cabinet from a manufacturer that folded. If anyone else is in the market, I can probably get more...

Details:

All new. Mine is 81" tall, 51" wide, 28" deep (450+ bottles) with brand new chiller. The cabinet is insulated, oak with redwood racking. It came with only one door, but I got both glass inserts so I will make my own set of doors. They were retailing for $3900, I scored this "in process" unit for $600.

They weight close to 300 pounds and are huge, so shipping is not practical. But if you live within driving distance of the SF Bay Area in NoCal, score!

sssh does it come fully stocked too? sly

sssh does it come fully stocked too? sly

Unfortunately, no.

Wait a minute... taking into account what it would weigh when full, maybe that's a GOOD thing!

If I ever fill it, I will promptly go check myself in somewhere. I was looking for a 1-200 bottle unit at the most, but this deal was too good to pass up.

I'll need to do some research... maybe I can keep my cigars in there as well? It's always a challenge to keep them properly hydrated in the summers up here!

crap.... more proof I'm getting older and more out of the "hip" loop every day...

Where'd I put those dammed Geritol anyway? Ahhh, there they are.... right behind the Depends. Fock, just dropped the teeth again. :(

And I need to point out that I did not need a stunt rider for my avatar photo. Yup, that is actually MY arthritic knee dragging the asphalt! On a BRITISH motorcycle none the less.

Damm kids anyway. No respect for their elders. punks. Why I oughta... oops, time for a nap.

just remember that I am just about the only one that you can ridicule about age....

I was laughing at your statement, not you, you mutton headed, cantankerous old goat !!!

Why, I feel as fresh and spry as a spring... summer.... um, september chicken !!

Except for last week when my hip hurt... :unsure:

B

Nah, that means, "I'm allright, don't worry about me, don't need it." It's rap-speek, sort of. I don't think he was intimating that he thinks you're gay. Usage: "Weed? Nah, I'm straight, homie. Pass the blunt the other way."

Great example provided! :clap:

I was laughing at your statement, not you, you mutton headed, cantankerous old goat !!!

Yeah yeah, guilty as charged.

But you forgot "curmudgeonly". If it wasn't for that word, I wouldn't understand myself sometimes....

Nah, that means, "I'm allright, don't worry about me, don't need it." It's rap-speek, sort of. I don't think he was intimating that he thinks you're gay. Usage: "Weed? Nah, I'm straight, homie. Pass the blunt the other way."

That ones new to me 88!

No I was making a joke that only gays drink wine.

Nevermind musta not worked......

That ones new to me 88!

No I was making a joke that only gays drink wine.

Nevermind musta not worked......

Real men drink whiskey. And I happen to know that MWS drinks whiskey so :aok:

Oh and CD because you drink wine doesn't mean your gay, unless you're drinking white zinfandel. ;)

True, that. And don't tell our wives...

I actually feel sorry for you if you avoid drinking wine because it threatens your sexuality... it truly is one of the wonders of living. A good bottle of cab or syrah with a perfectly seasoned and grilled steak, or a sangiovese with handmade pasta and homemade marinara sauce - oh my. If you haven't tried it, you have not yet truly lived, my young friend. Things I absolutely love to appreciate:

- women

- wine

- whisky

- cigars

- chocolate

- motorcycles

There are many, many other things I enjoy, but those are the things that take life to a whole new level. And force me to absolutely STOP everything I am doing to deeply enjoy and appreciate. Give me any one of them, and I can forget everything around me and just wallow in the enjoyment of it. Give me the right two or three, and I am borderline insane from pleasure... Man, if I had to give all 6 up, it would be sooooooo ugly....

• 2 weeks later...

Good LORD...that's not a wine cabinet, it's a bomb shelter. Do all the kids fit? ;)

*hides the Beringer zinfandel*

BTW, I've been to the Beringer winery in the Napa valley, it's a great historic place. Lots of wine and grapes and underground tunnels. I also visited the Petrified Forest and scored a little piece of petrified wood.

Two years ago. We started in Fairfield and went to Campbell, then to Salinas and Carmel Valley (Carmel-By-The-Sea, what a pretentious name) and after that we were all so broke we had to go home. :) I got to see the sights, it was allright. San Fran, The Tech Museum in San Jose, the flea market in San Jose (my God)...BTW, the Fry's Electronics in San Jose is cool. They have a working Tesla coil that goes on for a demo once an hour...

I think they'v removed that tesla coil cause I ain't never seen it. Fry's does have some good deals, but there's hardly anyone helpful around (plenty of people to shrug and say I don't work in this section or the like though), checkout always takes forever and they're WAY over zealous about stopping shoplifters.