I want to put 33 x 12.5 tires on my 91 pathy

DzNutz

Just so you know, the suspension lift kits ALL allow for adjustability from 2"-3" of lift. You can crank the t-bars up more as time goes by if you want more lift. It's not a set amount with different kits for 2" and 3". Oh, and you have to do the exact same amount of work to install a 3" or 2" body lift as well. THe only difference is that the 2" lift shows less body/frame gap through the wheelwells and the t-case shifter is easier to use.

Along with what 88 said ^^, make sure a 2in body lift will be enough for you in the long run... in other words if you currently even "think" that you like the 3in, then get it now. Otherwise it will cost you way more in the long run (cost of two lifts AND the work to install two lifts) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My thought witht the 2" was that I wouldnt have to extend the fill house on the fuel tank, brake lines, etc...

Doing jsut an 1.2 to 2" lift on the suspension I figured would be easier on the CV joints...

If this wont get it then I will probably just go with the suspension lift and 31's as I am in a wheelchair anyway and doing a full 6" lift may prove to much to pick my ass up into. One can dream...

My thought witht the 2" was that I wouldnt have to extend the fill house on the fuel tank, brake lines, etc...

Doing jsut an 1.2 to 2" lift on the suspension I figured would be easier on the CV joints...

If this wont get it then I will probably just go with the suspension lift and 31's as I am in a wheelchair anyway and doing a full 6" lift may prove to much to pick my ass up into. One can dream...

just park the pathy downhill.. build a ramp to the door. and let rip! ya know.. if you want the big lift... get one of the electronic steps that peeps put on the big pick ups.. when the door is opened. a step unfolds out.. door closes..step retracts. it's really quite cool and easily installed. ;) just athought.

what do you do with yer wheelchair once you're in the pathy? :confused:

To further 88's statement. If you Crank your T-bars for Height, Make sure you leave yourself some space for Downtravel. You don't want to crank your T-Bars so much so they are sitting on the bump stops. And if you do, try not to shave to much of those bump stops off either for a little more clearance cause as mentioned, operating angles of CV joints shouldn't Exceed 40 degrees.

On a personal note, I've got 33x12.50x15's with a 3"BL and 3"SL and its been nothing but troubles since the day I put it on cause I didnt do the steering. I havent been able to align the thing for over a year. And I wrestle the Beast for control of the road. I had to connect my Sway bars again cause at faster speeds, it bloody scary. I don't wheel REALLY hard mainly cause I cant afford it, But I'm REALLY hard on my Pig. I'm the sort of guy thats on his way to the Grocery store and just decides to drive down into a ditch cause It's there.

I'll tell you this, Nissan's factory Centerlink and Idler Arm specifically, Wont hold up. I've grabbed a couple from the wrecker and all I've got to show for it is a collection of Bent Centerlinks. If your gonna do one, save your money man and do the whole damn thing..... Suspension and steering. together. If you Do just BL your laughing. And further, as soon as you put those meaties in, get used to having Sh!tty low end Power till you do some Re-Gearing in the Rear Diff. But yay on highway driving.

Dowser :oops:

I got the 32x11.50's on. They rub in the front and after cutting the fender back they rub just a little bit but it should be okay after some more grinding, they fit perfectly in the back and stick out a good 3" or so from the body in the front and rear, and look totally badass especially on the american racing outlaw II rims. Pics coming soon!! :D

ps. no lift or nething but I had to cut the fenders all the way back to the firewall. Heres another option? sly

Edited by cohen

just park the pathy downhill.. build a ramp to the door. and let rip! ya know.. if you want the big lift... get one of the electronic steps that peeps put on the big pick ups.. when the door is opened. a step unfolds out.. door closes..step retracts. it's really quite cool and easily installed. ;) just athought.

what do you do with yer wheelchair once you're in the pathy? :confused:

Yeah, I have seen those things and there are a multitude of options out there for guys like me. I'm from the school of less is more though, all of that gear adds a lot of maintenance issues and cost to the project.

And to answer your question, when I transfer into my truck I grab my chair and pull the wheels off and put it all behind the passenger seat.

;)

Yeah, I have seen those things and there are a multitude of options out there for guys like me. I'm from the school of less is more though, all of that gear adds a lot of maintenance issues and cost to the project.

And to answer your question, when I transfer into my truck I grab my chair and pull the wheels off and put it all behind the passenger seat.

;)

ah. excellent. so are you "mobile" at all.. ie: can you stand at all or are you paralyzed? sorry for getting personal, but there are a lot fo cool gadgets n stuff out there, n with my mother-in-law also in a chair, i feel for the situation.

i spent 3 months in a chair when i broke my back... (i had a 3 story house too :angry: ) so i can feel you on the truck thing.

the steps i referred to are under $300 and weigh less than 25 lbs..... very little wiring, and easy maint.

depending on your amount of mobility, is to what you really need i guess, maybe start a thread about what's available? :beer: some of the guys love looking for stuff/investigating things (my better half included).... just a thought :)

also, if yer pathy has leather interior or rear heat, prolly an SE...... ;) you can also find out on your pink slip and/or your VIN numbers ;)

Edited by Slick

Yeah, what she said. I find it challenging and enjoyable to figure out solutions for people who have unique situations - and it has absolutely nothing to do with feeling sorry for them or anything like that. We all have our challenges, some are just bigger or more unique than others. And the unique ones are the most fun for me to tackle. So bring 'em on!

That info is on the build/ID tag under the hood on the passenger's side. There's a code for build info on the second line down (I think), starts with a WHLYD21.

From the FSM for 94...

Model: 95 Pathfinder Wagon, Automatic transmission, V6 engine, non-California Emissions.

XE: WHLYD21DJKBU

SE: WHLYD21DPKBU

LE not shown.

That info is on the build/ID tag under the hood on the passenger's side. There's a code for build info on the second line down (I think), starts with a WHLYD21.

From the FSM for 94...

Model: 95 Pathfinder Wagon, Automatic transmission, V6 engine, non-California Emissions.

XE: WHLYD21DJKBU

SE: WHLYD21DPKBU

LE not shown.

nice, ill look at it today. i hit the defrost button today and the rear defroster is broken, but apparently i have heated mirrors. ive got this comfort or sport suspension button too which i have no idea what it does. thanks for the help guys.

ah. excellent. so are you "mobile" at all.. ie: can you stand at all or are you paralyzed? sorry for getting personal, but there are a lot fo cool gadgets n stuff out there, n with my mother-in-law also in a chair, i feel for the situation.

i spent 3 months in a chair when i broke my back... (i had a 3 story house too :angry: ) so i can feel you on the truck thing.

the steps i referred to are under $300 and weigh less than 25 lbs..... very little wiring, and easy maint.

depending on your amount of mobility, is to what you really need i guess, maybe start a thread about what's available? :beer: some of the guys love looking for stuff/investigating things (my better half included).... just a thought :)

also, if yer pathy has leather interior or rear heat, prolly an SE...... ;) you can also find out on your pink slip and/or your VIN numbers ;)

Hey guys I really appreciate the concerns and I would love to give you the challenge but I am a bit of a stubborn fool when it comes to being independant. They told me I should get an electric chair, I said as long as I have two good arms I will push myself.

Although, heres a challenge for ya. I have an electric wheelchair that someone has given me, its pretty much a mainstream model but its heavy duty and designed to support bariatric patients, heavy duty electric motors, shocks etc...

I have wanted to modify it so that I could get off road, with out the truck, but i have found soething since that pretty much take care of it.

Check out TankChair.com and tell me what you think. Now, he built this thing with basic power chair electronics and got motors from a high end robot builder (battle bot stuff) and the tracks from Mattracks.com the ones they sell for ATV's

I have the basics, problem is the tracks are $2500.00, not particularly afforable...

Any ideas for making tracks or another company that makes a similar but less expensive product let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

:beer: