Bad news from Schwabby

Oliver

I went to get my alignment done today at Les Schwab (usually I avoid them but NM)

Turns out I can't get it done because....

1. Pass side outer tie rod end is wobbly and failing I guess

and

2. The pass side "strut rod bushing" is failing

Since this work needs to be done would I be better off grabbing some of those NAPA Chassis parts I read about on nissnperformancemag.com's write up or getting the stock pieces?

And secondly, the dude recommended a poly bushing to replace the worn one (I think one but probably both sides). Is this worthwhile for $25 a pop?

They want to charge me $330 for all the work and the alignment which is something I was not expecting. :contract: :blink:

I just looked at my receipt again and it was not the 80 some dollars that I had thought before for the strut rod bushings oops

By the way your compression rod bushings are Stut rod bushings here is a link to a post about them they are very easy to replace and the only problem is that if you try to put them on with your control arm connected it is very difficult to connect the strut rod to cA mounting bolts but you can pry them into place.

Yep

Call Altons or FireStone.... Also before you have any work done... Lets slip in those JGC in the rear, and Adjust the T-Bars to Match -3/4".....

Ok will do. Will those coils have any issues with everything else still being stock?

Jd thanks for the linky. Very helpful :aok:

I'm sure we could strike up a deal of some kind. B)

Are they 5000s?

Altons wants $60 for the alignment and Firestone wants $70. Schwab is the cheapest at $48 that is if I put the needed parts on first.

Auto Zone carries poly bushings for about $20 for a full set. Schwab wanted $25 for one! I think I'll pick some up from AZ when I get my belts today.

Edited by Oliver

Schwab is a bunch of thieves. I bought Energy Suspension bushings from Central 4Wheel Drive for like $25 for the set, and they're not too bad at all to install. You can also find them on eBay easy.

Bushings on eBay

Ditto on the alignment. If you plan on wheeling much at all, or just for regular maintenance you think that you will get it aligned more than this one time, go for the Firestone lifetime deal. They have it on sale occassionally, and I paid $120 near Seattle. I've already taken it in 4 times after wheeling trips, new parts, and before new tires, and each time no questions asked, no hassle.