Where are all the Kiwi's

TerranoNZ

hey quick question guys can i run 31inch tyres on the correct offset rims with no lift?? turning my terrano into a bush basher its standard height but i want to put some (31 inch) muddies on..trying to do it on a budget

Edited by Gasguzzler

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey quick question guys can i run 31inch tyres on the correct offset rims with no lift?? turning my terrano into a bush basher its standard height but i want to put some (31 inch) muddies on..trying to do it on a budget

Yes though you may loose your inner guards :D

I've got 31's on both mine and set to the right height they don't rub :aok:

• 1 month later...
any of you gents from wanganui?

Im Foxton way but im still with out an off road 4x4 but im going up to the naki to pick up my auto one that has a cooked motor so ive pulled the motor out of the blown gearbox one to fit into the auto so i can get back out there :friday:

Yes though you may loose your inner guards :D

I've got 31's on both mine and set to the right height they don't rub :aok:

Ive got 32s on mine but i have wound up the bars

Im Foxton way but im still with out an off road 4x4 but im going up to the naki to pick up my auto one that has a cooked motor so ive pulled the motor out of the blown gearbox one to fit into the auto so i can get back out there :friday:

lol, i'm actually not in NZ, but I was asking about Wanganui because my family has distant distant relatives who live there. There are some street names and a pub/hotel with our last name (uncommon).

hi all,

Im originally from Fielding, now in Brisbane. I had a Terrano in NZ, and on my second Pathfinder here, both '91 z24. I'm thinking I may return. Is it still easy to import cars to NZ? And, what's the rules for body/suspension lifts and tyre sizes?

Cheers

hey kiwiinoz. We should catch up. Im in perth now but moving back to brissy on the 29th. Drop me a pm. I wont have my teery there for now till it gets transported but we need to get some more happening over there and show these perth boys up.

hi all,

Im originally from Fielding, now in Brisbane. I had a Terrano in NZ, and on my second Pathfinder here, both '91 z24. I'm thinking I may return. Is it still easy to import cars to NZ? And, what's the rules for body/suspension lifts and tyre sizes?

Cheers

I think you'd be better off selling your Pathfinder in Oz and buying one over here. Sorry I have no idea about bringing one in.

I think they past some kind of law that you can't import old SUV's coz they pollute the air, kill baby seals and look funny at children.

Im not sure about bringing anything in from aussie but to bring anything in from Japan it cant be any older than 2002 because of the new emmision laws here.

Hope this helps you out .

Gary

I've looked in the LTSA site, fact sheet 44a. Returning resident and citizens don't have to comply with the frontal damage guff, or the the emission thing, if it's been owned a few years, and isn't sold within a year of returning. My reason to bring it is to not lose so much money. ie, I'd have to sell it quickly when i leave here (aussie) and get what i could, then to buy another in NZ, and spend more money getting it to how i want it. I've emailed them. thanks guys.

I've looked in the LTSA site, fact sheet 44a. Returning resident and citizens don't have to comply with the frontal damage guff, or the the emission thing, if it's been owned a few years, and isn't sold within a year of returning. My reason to bring it is to not lose so much money. ie, I'd have to sell it quickly when i leave here (aussie) and get what i could, then to buy another in NZ, and spend more money getting it to how i want it. I've emailed them. thanks guys.

Now that you say that, I do remember something about a loophole for owners of vehicles. Where abouts in NZ you headed?

hi again,

yeah, im not looking to import to make some money, but if i've spent money on mods/upgrades/new bits , i don't want to give them away. Heading to Nth Is, not sure where until i find a job. Waikato or Palmerston Nth areas. There're still a lot of places I've yet to explore.

if you do have to sell let me know. Ill be back in brissy on the 29th. (tomorow). Maybe even easier to take of the mods you want to keep then get rid of youre beast and build another. I know a few guys in brissy realy liked my white 2door so i may be able to help find you a buyer if you wish to go that way. But im getting my terry trucked from perth to brissy. Its going to only cost me $1375.00. Not to bad but would expect more for a water crossing.

hi again,

yeah, im not looking to import to make some money, but if i've spent money on mods/upgrades/new bits , i don't want to give them away. Heading to Nth Is, not sure where until i find a job. Waikato or Palmerston Nth areas. There're still a lot of places I've yet to explore.

If you hit Palmerston North look me up im out Foxton way

Just joined Manukau Auckland. 1996 R50 looking at joining a local club in Manukau

tying to add photo of my R50

Just tried something suppose that I will have to save and then see what happens

It didn't happen

Edited by howieh

• 1 month later...

hi all

Nice looking wagon there Phaza, what size wheels/tires you got there?

Thanks you the mail Long, i'll look you up, if i don't move to the manawatu, i'll sure be down there seeing a mate, and going hunting. I may do a year in NT before i come/go back tho.

TerranoNZ, nice collection of 2dr d21s there mate.

Whats the story in NZ regarding lift/mods? Can you do 2" bl and sus lift, or 2" total?

And how far can you go increasing tire size, width and overall dia.

Gezzzz it's hot here at the moment

Here in NZL you can do a 2inch sus lift and a 2 inch body lift but has to be given a cert (they cost around $400.oo each time u get something certed so u do all mods then take it in that way just the one cost involved) as for tires if they are more than 5% bigger in dia they to have to be certed by this they mean the speedo has to be calibrated to suit the tires but you can over come that i hope this helps you out

thumbsup.gif Hi all

Nice looking wagon there Phaza, what size wheels/tires you got there?

Thanks you the mail Long, i'll look you up, if i don't move to the manawatu, i'll sure be down there seeing a mate, and going hunting. I may do a year in NT before i come/go back tho.

TerranoNZ, nice collection of 2dr d21s there mate.

Whats the story in NZ regarding lift/mods? Can you do 2" bl and sus lift, or 2" total?

And how far can you go increasing tire size, width and overall dia.

Gezzzz it's hot here at the moment

thanks long,

who certifies?

VTNZ will but there are independant garages that will also do it easyst way is check with local hot rod clubs they usaly have someone that thay all go to.

I know all of them in the Naki but unsure in this area.

Edited by long