Where are all the Kiwi's

TerranoNZ

is it quite common for the terrano torsion bars to sag over time??? planing on winding mine up 2 inches and im just wondering if i wind it up 2 inches from the sagged height or 2 inches from the factory height (if that makes sence)!! :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

also will i need to buy longer shock abosorbers or will the standard ones do the job

Yes. Wind them up too much and you just make the ride hard and risk killing CV's :D

IRS travel is limited by the IFS itself..... Longer shocks make no difference. The rear is a different kettle of fish :aok:

Search around the forum a bit, there's tons of info..... Including a "how to" on re-indexing torsion bars.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any tricks to removing door cards without tearing the clips out of the door card itself?? is there a tool that you can buy to pop them off?? also are the factory front speakers 4 or 6 inch??

I use a engineers steel ruler, a thin one and slide that up to the clip to gently prise it out.

My speakers were some odd size like 5 1/4" or 5 1/2" and the rears 5x7". I managed to get 6" speakers in the door by modding the plastic bracket the old ones were mounted on with a heat gun.

Yes. Wind them up too much and you just make the ride hard and risk killing CV's :D

IRS travel is limited by the IFS itself..... Longer shocks make no difference. The rear is a different kettle of fish :aok:

Search around the forum a bit, there's tons of info..... Including a "how to" on re-indexing torsion bars.

sweet. just put my lift springs and longer shox on the rear tonight.. going to lift the front 3 inches up from its current height as the torsion bars have sagged 1 inch...hopefully giving me a 2 inch lift in the front. tryed my 32's on and they are a tight fit!!! lol

well i lifted my torsions up 2 inches and now the upper control arm is sitting against the bumpstop/ buffer. is it o.k to chop these out??

Wind it back a bit. Below is a picture of mine. I have a 2" B/L and 2.5" S/L. There is enough clearance on my truck to run 32" tyres without rubbing, but I have to do a little trimming if I want to put on 33" tyres.

IMG_9568.jpg

Wind it back a bit. Below is a picture of mine. I have a 2" B/L and 2.5" S/L. There is enough clearance on my truck to run 32" tyres without rubbing, but I have to do a little trimming if I want to put on 33" tyres.

IMG_9568.jpg

sweet.. was thinking i could get away with 32's with just a s/l but im just going to bite the bullet and do a b/l aswell..

can you get through wof's ok with no cert on a b/l??

sweet.. was thinking i could get away with 32's with just a s/l but im just going to bite the bullet and do a b/l aswell..

can you get through wof's ok with no cert on a b/l??

If the WOF place does a proper job, then no. You will need a cert for a B/L. You should also get it certified for insurance purposes too, because if you don't and have an accident, you know the rest.......

If the WOF place does a proper job, then no. You will need a cert for a B/L. You should also get it certified for insurance purposes too, because if you don't and have an accident, you know the rest.......

@!*%. never thought about insurance. think i will play it safe and do it all legal

I got the bnt trade panflet today and they are doing specals on terrano parts this month. idler arms are around 45 dollars and balljoints are around 25. theres heaps of other cheap parts aswell

Any chance of scanning the pamphlet and sending me a copy please?

• 1 month later...

hey all, another kiwi signing in.

just picked up a 93 R3m V6.

absolutely love it. Had a play up in the mangatuks today, awesome! and the heated seats were an absolute treat in a fresh welly southerlie!!!

Welcome Kiwi4x4 WAVEY

Good to have another Kiwi here :aok:

Post up some pics when you get a chance, explore the rest of the board and maybe start a thread in the newbs section :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome Kiwi4x4 WAVEY

Good to have another Kiwi here :aok:

Post up some pics when you get a chance, explore the rest of the board and maybe start a thread in the newbs section :beer:

Cheers mate.

Will throw up some pics once i have my steelies and mudders on. Truck has a lot of sag in the rear too, so will need to suss some lift springs and shocks. but tyres first!

She's black on gunmetal with 5% tints on the rear side glass and tailgate, with i reckon, 50% up the front. Should look the business on black 15x8 speedy's and 31" mudders!

not to mention a little more capable!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys- I'm Matt just saying Gidday from Marlborough.

Have had a bit of read through your site over the that year or two so thought I had better join up

Cheers

hello neighbours. just thought i would pop in and say g'day.

Neighbourly :lol::beer:

Hey guys- I'm Matt just saying Gidday from Marlborough.

Have had a bit of read through your site over the that year or two so thought I had better join up

Cheers

Welcome Matt.... Hmmmm You ever been on a DOC Conservation course, say 12 odd years ago? :D

Post up some pics if you get a chance :beer:

Neighbourly :lol::beer:

Welcome Matt.... Hmmmm You ever been on a DOC Conservation course, say 12 odd years ago? :D

Post up some pics if you get a chance :beer:

Hey mate,

Rightyo- will do. Will have to get out and take a few happy snaps of old Ted then!

Hmmmm not to sure about the DOC thing as I'm pretty sure they think I'm one of the pests that needs to be destroyed hahahaha :tongue:

Cheers

:itsallgood: yeh im still here as well just been busy shifting house we moved a tad south this way no not to the south island yet but im working on it lol.

just started to pull the motor outta my 2 door because it blew the 5 speed again n i picked up a 4 door auto for $200.oo (over heated motor in it)so im gonna swap the motor over into it n keep 4x4ing that way.

Is it worth doing up the gearbox or should i stick with the auto.

I now have 2 dead 5 speeds ? or do i find a ZX gearbox n fit that in there i belive thats what they ended up doing to the 2.7 Mistral/Terrano 11/Ford Maverick at the factory when built :crossedwires: .