PICT0240.jpg

new motor and my front diffy

PICT0241.jpg

PICT0242.jpg

HOLY CRAP :eek:

PICT0244.jpg

PICT0245.jpg

PICT0243.jpg

turns out the # 6 rod bearing got fried sooo bad. it was oozing oout the side of the rod/crankshaft. the con rod is gloss black from the heat and quenching itself in old ass oil. it looks like the main cause was the oil pressure regulartor giving up the ghost and starving the engine of oil. im only half way done with tearing the engine apart and may find more breakage. take it easy guys.

the whole taking out the front differental while raising the engine up was the worse part. i have no clue how all this stuff is going back in.

You may want to give yourself a little more room and remove the hood.... its only 4 10mm bolts and it goes back on easy -bounce-

i actually have plenty of space, the hood never got in the way.

Pressure wash everything under the hood with real degreaser(not the Gunk crap-in-a-can) while you have the chance. Do you know anyone with one you can borrow? :)

Nope, no one to borrow a pressure washer from. oh well, i dont care much about dirt.

On a side note, I see you have a International Harvestor Cub Cadet.... what year/model? looks like a 100.

yep, its a 1965 100 with the 10 hp kohler k241. 38 inch deck. i use it to mow about an acre. picked it up for 300 bucks. cant beat it, are you on ihregistry.com or anything?

Did not have the taking out or putting back in of the front diff problem when i did mine :D (yes it has one :lol: )

But even if you can fit the engine back in with the hood in place, I agree with removing the four 10mm's and moving that veiw blocker out of the way ;)

Did not have the taking out or putting back in of the front diff problem when i did mine :D (yes it has one :lol: )

But even if you can fit the engine back in with the hood in place, I agree with removing the four 10mm's and moving that veiw blocker out of the way ;)

do you remember how you did the diff install then? because taking it out was a bitch.

lol I actually answered that question in the first part of the first sentance... I did not remove it at all ;)

and your oil pan cleared it fine? wtf?

Nah, my dad's into that stuff. I think this is the latest inventory

'71 John Deere 140 with rare center blade

'73 JD 140 with custom bumper

'73 JD 140

mid '60s JD 60 with mower

'70s JD 120 patio edition (ultra rare)

'70s JD 112 patio edition (ultra rare)

'60s JD 110

'80s JD 210

'80s JD 314<sold

'70s JD 112

'80s S92

We used to have an IH 149. That thing was a powerhouse plowing snow. The entire front end, rad support, everything, is thick cast iron. Those are built really good. He sold it cause he wanted all the same 'brand'.

plus, we got this he completly tore this down and rebuilt it from bare bones

P1000297.jpg

:D we actually used to have around 30 of these, bigger though, this one is the smallest diesel they made in that time (1948). We had all the tractors up to a CAT 75, equivalent to a modern D8. My grandpa still has a couple left, the smallest gas tractor they made, Cat 10, thats my baby :)

enough of me tellin stories...

dude i envy u...ure garage is huge...well prob the same size as mine but i gotta scout sittin there...looks like ure having fun...hope you have better luck than i have...everytime i think i have her back road worthy either something breaks or i mess something up...if i can correct the timing this sat (and that is 100% the issue) then i will be finishing the susp and gages and going for a ride...

• 2 weeks later...

hahaha, yea, i need that fender flare and mud flap, and a new right front fender well because of earlier sssh dang tree/log! everything is going fine and looks like a successful swap. now on to suspension work!!!