my snorkel

97vapathy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the full recognition of knowing that those people weren't careful about water entering their mouths after I bathed......

NASTY!!!!

You think that fish & other creatures don't @!*%e in the water? Like you're nasty body grubbieness is gonna matter...

Looks pretty could for something you just created on your own.

Do you have any pics from the engine bay?

In order for a snorkel to be effective, doesnt the exhaust also have to exit from above the water?

Understood that if the engine is running, the exhaust pressure will keep water out. But what if the engine stalls with the exhaust underwater? Need to be careful engine has no water inside before restarting?

Ever heard of sticking a potato in a tailpipe? Blocked tailpipes and the buildup of pressure when you try to start your vehicle = bad things. If your exhaust is full of water then the exhaust has nowhere to go. No water would actually get back up into the engine, I just wouldn't try starting your truck if it stalls under water :)

• 4 weeks later...
Ah yes... good point. I guess I am a bit late eh? :unsure:

In any case, that's a nice snorkel... it's so flush with the

fender...

The one sold on 4x4parts.com looks quite different

in comparison

Thats because he built his, he didn't buy it

Nah, I got from Phoenix to NY for under $1000 including hotels....but then again, gas was only $2.50. LOL.

You could probably have it shipped for about $900, but then there would be customs and duty fees and import charges. Probably better for a US buyer, eh?

Nah, I got from Phoenix to NY for under $1000 including hotels....but then again, gas was only $2.50. LOL.

You could probably have it shipped for about $900, but then there would be customs and duty fees and import charges. Probably better for a US buyer, eh?

If purchased as a parts vehicle not necessarily ;)

You have a ton of sweet mods I'd like to put on my R50 :)